Chainreactioncycles

ToMBeMe
ToMBeMe Posts: 252
edited August 2007 in MTB general
Anyone else exsperiencing longer then average waiting times on deliverys?
tombeme.gif

Comments

• danhargrave7
    danhargrave7 Posts: 194
    I have a friend who has been having trouble with them, he ordered a set if gusset pygmys and a seat post about 3 weeks ago, and they have been out of order since, I know when you order things you can see are out of stock, then you know you are going to have to wait, but 3 weeks seems a bit excessive.

Also He decided to cancel the crank arms and then ordered some from mtb-bitz instead, which wee also labelled out of stock but he still got them about 3 days later.

Dan
    <hr>
    Dont you hate it when your eating pizza with one hand, and trying to type with the other, the BAM! you accidently put4 \'W\'s into the address bar !!!!
  • eggy900
    eggy900 Posts: 11
    I ordered some gloves on monday afternoon and received them yesterday. The postal strikes might be delaying things though
  • i have never had any probs ,

but everything i have ordered has been in stock,
  • dan1983
    dan1983 Posts: 314
    I've ordered a few things from them recently which have come pretty sharpish. I did order something that was showing out of stock a month or so ago and that took a couple of weeks to arrive, but thats to be expected if its out of stock.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    No problems for me,

I ordered some pedals on Tuesday which turned up Wednesday morning, and a lock last week, ordered wednesday evening, which arrived Friday morning.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • MentalRaver
    MentalRaver Posts: 221
    No problems at all,

Ordered a seat clamp yesterday morning- got it 1 hr ago.

Also ordered a stem on Friday and got it on Saturday.

However i did order some tyres a couple of months ago and they took about 5 days to arrive.

Have you checked that the items you ordered were in stock? Tried calling them to see if their despatched?
    Too enthusiastic about biking for my friends...want to ride somewhere in the SE? TELL ME!!! hamsterscanswim@hotmail.com - and yes they can!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    edited July 2007
    Ordered a Mech Monday morning, arrived Tuesday 10am. Not the same with the Mech hanger I ordered off Orange which is yet to arrive :cry:
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Only positive CRC experiences from me too.

They have good prices and have always got my order to me within a couple of days, if not next day.

Might be worth phoning them to see what's happening. Perhaps there are problems with the supplier which are outwith CRC's control.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • SiLvEr_SnAkE
    SiLvEr_SnAkE Posts: 180
    I've only ever had one problem with CRC and they fixed it with no problems at all.
    Ordered a lock on Tuesday and it came today via Parcel Force becuase I think it was too heavy for royal fail.
    All is well :D
    I'M RATHER PATRIOTIC
  • jamieayres
    jamieayres Posts: 282
    I ordered a Giro Hex in black/medium on the 20 something of June.....its still not in stock yet...do i win a prize? :shock:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Might depend where you live, with all the floods. In Sheff when it flooded, the post was delayed as the main centre was under water.
  • I've never had a problem and buy nearly everything there. They are the fastest mail order business I know.
  • Have used them quite a few times, only ever been delayed once, if you order before
    4pm, it should arrive the next day.
    2006 whyte 46
    1999 kona cindercone
  • crc are great if the item is in stock, also brilliant for returns.
    however i had to wait over a month for my avid's as they were out of stock
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    Great service for me too from CRC. One order of mine I wanted a DT Swiss rim and hub and it was out of stock, there was a thingy where they can email you when it is back in stock. I ordered it straight away once in stock and it came a few days later. No probs.

As others have said, ring 'em and find out if they have an expected stock date. It's more likely the suppliers holding things up. In my line of work I rely on a third party supplier yet Joe and Josephine public still like to think its me who has let them down!

Hang on in there.
  • hsa
    hsa Posts: 220
    Not had a problem. Usually 2-3 days. Not bad considering it's free delivery.
  • I'm always 'impressed' that every item in their warehouse is always 'in stock', particually all differnt shoe sizes and clothing sizes.
    No real ordering problems from them though, but I've always bought stuff which is a high volume part.
  • leo321
    leo321 Posts: 22
    ive bought quite a few parts from them recently and the longest ive had to wait is 4 days, i even returned some faulty pedals last friday and they sent me a replacement pair which arrived on wednesday, which is pretty good i think.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    I ordered some pedals a couple of days ago, they were as speedy as ever :)
  • Red Panda
    Red Panda Posts: 269
    I ordered some brake pads from them yesterday in the late afternoon and they've arrived this morning! I'm impressed for sure. Although, I did order a helmet off them a few months back and it arrived in a box that looked like it had been booted around a school playground for an hour!
  • Rusty_UK
    Rusty_UK Posts: 8
    Yeah I Ordered Some Red Middleburn Chainring Bolts Yesterday And They Came This Morning!.
    Bought a book from them on Wednesday, came this morning!

Not bad considering the postal strikes!
    Craig Rogers
  • ToMBeMe
    ToMBeMe Posts: 252
    Thing is, my items are in stock and it said "complete 2 days ago" no were arnoud me is flooded either :?
    tombeme.gif
  • rob cole
    rob cole Posts: 706
    ordered a Nokan Gazz M&S tire on Tuesday evening, its here today (Thursday)

always found them to give great,speedy service and will use them for bits i cannot get at work as we may not have accounts with certain suppliers
    check out my riding - www.robcole.co.uk Banshee Factory Team rider, Da Kine UK Team rider, www.freeborn.co.uk www.eshershore.com
  • MentalRaver
    MentalRaver Posts: 221
    ToMBeMe wrote:
    Thing is, my items are in stock and it said "complete 2 days ago" no were arnoud me is flooded either :?

maybe some royal mail scally has stolen it.

giv it another couple of days.
    Too enthusiastic about biking for my friends...want to ride somewhere in the SE? TELL ME!!! hamsterscanswim@hotmail.com - and yes they can!
  • john.hem
    john.hem Posts: 66
    Ordered a few items over the last month with no problems whatsoever. They even price matched an out of stock item at Wiggle. I usually receive the items next day.

John
    Thanks, John
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Ordered some bits Wednesday, arrived yesterday morning.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • shorty15
    shorty15 Posts: 97
    Ive had no problems when ive ordered,items arrive on time :o
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    ordered bars and grips at lunch time, had them next day about 1100. it was the first time i used them and couldn't fault them.
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • disco41
    disco41 Posts: 25
    i ordered jersey a few weeks ago in stock and everything ordered it monday nothing.....
    emailed friday it arrived saturday!!!!!!! do you think they forgot.
    Other than that well pleased with everything its even easy to send items back if they dont fit and get a replacement. :D
    Kona Fire Mountain on slicks.
    Boardman Road Comp