Eeeeeeextra points!!!

Jacomus-rides-Gen
Jacomus-rides-Gen Posts: 453
edited July 2007 in Commuting chat
This morn I was sat in a jam and a guy on a commuter bike passed me and shouted something, it sounded friendly so when I came to overtake him I asked him what he said.

"Passed you twice now"

I laughed and pulled away from him and actually forgot about it until I got to Blackfriars where he RLJ'ed past me with a call of

"3 times, eeeextra points!"

I wanted to catch him and tell him that

"Umpire rules - points deducted for 2 RLJing offences"

But he had already turned up a road I don't use. Made me smile, after a bloody cabbie (who defo needs to re-read the highway code) sat an inch from my rear wheel beeping at me and gesticulating for me to move out of the centre of the lane.

Obviously 45km/h isn't fast enough for him, and it would be way to much effort to have to turn the steering wheel against the resistance of his belly pressed against it. This was down embankment, so is 2 lanes wide each way. And the other lane was free.

Oh well, his passengers appriciated my enthusiastic waving and blowing kisses every time he beeped. The two women were in stiches on the back seat. And, judging by the colour his face went, I brought him a good year closer to his heart attack :D
Sweat saves blood.
Erwin Rommel

Comments

• great story :lol:
    dangerous jules.
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    , after a bloody cabbie (who defo needs to re-read the highway code) sat an inch from my rear wheel beeping at me and gesticulating for me to move out of the centre of the lane.

Obviously 45km/h isn't fast enough for him, and it would be way to much effort to have to turn the steering wheel against the resistance of his belly pressed against it. This was down embankment, so is 2 lanes wide each way. And the other lane was free.

Oh well, his passengers appriciated my enthusiastic waving and blowing kisses every time he beeped. The two women were in stiches on the back seat. And, judging by the colour his face went, I brought him a good year closer to his heart attack :D

weren't me guvnor :)

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    LOL, I had a little burn with someone yesterday down Vauxhall Bridge Road, near Victoria, but I gave up at the first light he burned through. Pity really, I would have enjoyed testing him with the recumbent.