I don't know about you lot, but

digdug
digdug Posts: 90
edited August 2007 in The Crudcatcher
I'm really trying to make this forum work. It's a shame that it sucks and that everyones left, and that the layouts shit, but it's better than nothing.
I don't want to move to SDH or PInkbike, or any other forum. I want the good ol' MBUK back, and all the noob questions and flames and baby raping and everything else. ( Not just the sandbox, but off topic and everything else).

I say we end the whole "let's not go on bikeradar because it sucks and so does future who don't do anything that the forumites that make the community want."
It's not going to change, and we're going to have to except that eventually.

I know theres the "other" place, which is bloody fantastic, but it sucks having such asmall number of users. I miss the annoying cunts, the noobs, the stupid posts, the amazing advice you get for so many different people.

Just wanted to get that off my chest... :(

Comments

• NeillyB
    NeillyB Posts: 8,288
    I haven't left. I'm still into biking. And the internet.

I bought a pump today.
    WHOO
  • Thantos
    Thantos Posts: 533
    I've been here since the beginning. :)
    Its turning out quite well.
    Also, i didn't join the other due to Mark basically sticking a big middle finger up at Chris after he had done so much work on 'the reserve'. Anyway. Here is good for me.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    Thantos, don't hold it against, Mark, Chris doesn't any longer. Mark's done more than Chris, and the software is certainly better! The Reserve was always cliquey anyway.

Digdug, adding to a small number makes it bigger.
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Yarr!
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...happy old C+er here. I like the new forum. Things never stay the same, you must always be prepared for change 8) :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • i dont see why everyones so peeved off about it all - yer some people have left, but so what? there are plenty more out there - its still an online biking forum
    Hardtails aren't called hardcore for no reason

Giant STP: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1996804/
    Spesh Hardrock: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1996822/
  • Evening!!

TBH, I think this sandbox, the BR one is beyond saving but the general forum will still do the job for bike related stuff.
  • ROCHA
    ROCHA Posts: 266
    It seems that at mbuk there were more posting in tech and that people were a bit more harsh and careless posting. I kind of liked seing people actually arguing about fork choices and stuff. Apart from that it's not bad really...
    PS- Just noticed that the answers in the smurf thread are a bit too soft, compared to the ones it would get in the old forum :lol:
  • Mike Deere
    Mike Deere Posts: 4,259
    I've sat through 4 incarnations of the official MBUK forum and every time the transition has been (relatively) smooth, even when people have had to sign up all over again.

This time hasn't been so smooth. At least in terms of the social side of things.
  • Dodgex1
    Dodgex1 Posts: 1,306
    I'm still here aswell. S'all gravy
    "This is ******!, We can't ride out bikes in the dirt like this!"
  • Thantos wrote:
    I've been here since the beginning. :)
    Its turning out quite well.
    Also, i didn't join the other due to Mark basically sticking a big middle finger up at Chris after he had done so much work on 'the reserve'. Anyway. Here is good for me.

Cheers :!:

Anyways, Yeah, the transition of this forum was POOR. Its still in BETA ffs!!!!

It really wouldn't have been hard for them to please us in the beggining and then i wouldn't (Along with the other admins) of felt a need to create elsewhere.

By all means as a riding site i think this works. But as a community that all get on (MBUK Sandbox, WMB Arms, C+ {Cakestop i think}) it just doesn't work as people have decided that its not what they want.

Future had a meeting with certian members of the old forums and they all put their views across but future didn't listen, IMO thats there own loss as now they have lost those members.

Noones forcing you to stay or go anywhere. Us setting up a forum might of gone tits up and if we had of when MBUK was still open it would of.

We also don't want to be MBUK we want to be ourselves, yes by all means bring some of the fun things back from MBUK but certian things need to stay behind, we feel we are acheiving this.

Go where you want were happy enough to have you with us if you want even after arguments, everyone who joins gets a clean slate regardless if they were a bit of an idiot on MBUK. If we didn't start an alternative someone else would of, I know WMB have a new home which i am a member of and its going well to, i also know the roadies are happy in there new home. Some of these forums are actually using the same software as here too so it shows how easy it is to get it right with this software.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    I'm still here! **waves**
  • milky_
    milky_ Posts: 40
    ok...

So where's this new forum then?
    this actually isn't even funny any more... i feel as if i'm being mocked by sql :?
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    im still here! but ive forgotten the address to the 'other' place.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/