best and worst days next to each other

commissoiner
commissoiner Posts: 65
edited August 2007 in The Crudcatcher
first off all on monday i went riding skided on a mud patch and got covered, then i hit a tree and finaly i hit a tree root nearly broke my leg and i was luckey when the derailer hit my helmet and not me. when i got home i found a crack in my forks which turned out to be a break in the arch which could not be mended and new forks would cost £200+. and when i went to txt my mate to let him know what happened, my phone (which i had not taken with me) was flashing two colours and had stopped working.

on tuesday (today)my dad went to the shop and showed them the forks (rst launch) to try and get replacements. we then found out they were still under warrenty and would be replaced by rock shox forks so i would not have to pay (£9 in bank). and i found an old phone which is just as good in a draw.

Comments

• Chucker_Dude
    Chucker_Dude Posts: 209
    hey mate, i dunno if you saw my post, but i done the same thing as you. I cracked the arch which connects both forks and catches dirt and stuff. I also have exactly the same RST forks.

if you dont mind me asking, which shop did you get your bike from?

i also have a buckled front wheel and im not sure if i thats going to affect my warrenty, although i may take bike and wheel in seperatly.
  • dude sorry if i offend you but i find that model chucker to be crappy, ive even heard of frames snapping in half! thank god i was just your folks.
  • yes same here killer cheese my mate was going to get one but then he herd that
  • ROCHA
    ROCHA Posts: 266
    That chucker is like 300quid or less. Most bikes of that price aren't as tough. Surely there are better bikes but they're more expensive...
  • Chucker_Dude
    Chucker_Dude Posts: 209
    I have been told that the Chucker was one of the strongest frames in that price range. Because of the triple triangle frame and heat treated aluminuim (God, i sound like im trying to sell the bike)

Even the advert for the bike said "When the time comes to bail, your bike will be the last thing on your mind."
  • i got the bike from halfords and it was the xs1 which is £400+ on price but it was a b'day present
  • Thantos
    Thantos Posts: 533
    I have been told that the Chucker was one of the strongest frames in that price range. Because of the triple triangle frame and heat treated aluminuim (God, i sound like im trying to sell the bike)

Even the advert for the bike said "When the time comes to bail, your bike will be the last thing on your mind."

Sorry to sound a little patronising, but surely the whole point of advertising is to make you believe something so you are more likely to buy the product.

Admittedly i know nothing about the GT Chucker.
  • Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet Posts: 1,064
    I know someone who used to have a Chucker.
    First, he broke the forks.
    So he got new forks.
    Then he broke the frame, and put a nice gash in his chin.
    So then he got a new frame - MsIsle, thus far, he hasn;t broken it. Unfortunately, he just bought a :?
  • shorty15
    shorty15 Posts: 97
    yes