Vino selfish ?

le_patron
le_patron Posts: 494
edited July 2007 in Pro race
Not being a GC contender any more...should he have helped Kloden or Kashechkin try and achieve a podium place rather than go for glory himself ?

Guess the answer is yes, but we don't care.

Comments

• AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    The "hardman with a point to prove" circus is too entertaining to worry about mere team tactics!
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Are K&K capable of achieving a podium place, who cares who's 2nd or 3rd?
    2 stage victories will garner Astana more column inches and pictures/TV hours than a "mere" 2nd or 3rd place overall.
    Anyway, makes great viewing!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Vino doesn't seem like a team player to me. Having said that, two stage wins at least repay his team mates in some way, as well as the sponsors, who no doubt place the importance of his performances over those of other members of the team.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Completely disagree - yesterday would have been fascinating with or without Vino's win. Rasmussen could fall in the TT. He could blow tomorrow. When there's still a chance for his team to achieve something in the GC, Vino should put the work in for that and sacrifice his own agenda. He was given silly amounts of support in the early stages. Kloden probably lost a couple of minutes in the alps because of it. Vino should have returned the deed.

Totally, unforgiveably selfish... or am I being a bit sensitive :)