Knocked out - would like to see ROSPA stats on this one

Jacomus-rides-Gen
Jacomus-rides-Gen Posts: 453
edited July 2007 in Commuting chat
Last night I got knocked out by a motorbike... my own motorbike no less.

I pulled up, lycra off and into the washing machine etc into flip-flops and baggy shorts and my very fetching tesco value apron I mear when bike cleaning. Washed the bike down, left her to dry in the garage then a good old spray down with GT-85, lubed the chain etc etc everything as normal after being heavily rained on.

Then, I took her down from the workstand and leant her against the wall so the any drips from the chainset don't fall on the rim, and turn to walk out. I heard a bike-overbanancing-and-starting-to-fall-over noise whipped round to catch her... and then woke up on the floor!

I must have missed some GT-85 on the floor when I wiped it off, and as I lunged for the bicycle fell and managed to smash my head into Rach's fuel tank. :oops: There was a nice smear of blood where I split my eyebrow open and my nose added a fair gush too that made a little puddle on my freshly painted white floor.

To add to the injustice, my bike still fell over and now I have a slightly bent mech hanger, black eye that is half closed, swollen eyebrow and a swollen lip. :cry:
Sweat saves blood.
Erwin Rommel

Comments

• cupofteacp
    cupofteacp Posts: 578
    See that's what happens when you clean the bike.

It's a bit like the P fairy but not as nice
    15 * 2 * 5
    * 46 = Happiness
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    You really are a 'bleeder' aren't you!!
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Crikey that's a bit of a rough one!!
  • lateralus
    lateralus Posts: 309
    ouch! hope you're not feeling too grim. At least you didn't knock the motorbike off the sidestand too - now that could have been messy!
  • jakob_s
    jakob_s Posts: 477
    Maybe you should wear your helmet and bodyarmor at home?
  • Hairy Jock
    Hairy Jock Posts: 558
    Didn't your mother tell you that bikes are dangerous :wink:
    Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.