2008 Spez Allez Elite Verses 2007?

JST
JST Posts: 158
edited July 2007 in Road beginners
Am looking at getting a road bike as per a previous thread. Have been chatting to a couple of bike shops who can now get the 2008 bikes.

The 2008 spez allez elite is cheaper than the rrp of the 2007 but seems to have a lesser spec. They also now come with a compact double and no triple option.

So why would they down grade the component spec on the new model? And would I be better of getting a 2007 allez elite with the good discounts you can get on-line cos then you get a better spec for less money :?

I would rather buy from my LBS but they stock very few road bikes and there are no 07 models left in my size that they can get. Presumably all the places advertisinig the 07's on the net keep massive stocks?

Or am I talking cr*p :)

Comments

• Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    A lot of the places advertising 07 spec bikes can only get the unusual sizes, so you may be too late.

They may have downgraded the spec because that is what the market demands.
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • JST
    Rich Hcp wrote:
    A lot of the places advertising 07 spec bikes can only get the unusual sizes, so you may be too late.

Yep I did notice that...

I guess as long as the frame is good other bits can be upgraded if necessary over time.
  • VerwoodAsh
    VerwoodAsh Posts: 196
    I thought that the 2008 Allez Elite has a much better frame. It now comes with a new carbon rear end and new carbon forks with Zertz inserts, where as the 2007 is a standard alloy thoughout.

See here fore example -

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/1026469/groupID/7/categoryID/263/v/ab9cc3b1-e501-4afb-b745-a9c25ee6801c

Looks very nice to me...

L_08AllezEliteQS.jpg
  • JST
    I haven't seen a pic of it as large as that. It does look quite sexy 8)