My local bike shop

2»

Comments

• Dickie
    Dickie Posts: 1,489
    We aim to please :D

Come on Ladies and Gents its in our own interests to share our favourite shops.

Especially the Ladies, which shops did you find that treated you well and not like an idiot or in a condesending manner?
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    overmars wrote:
    I want to give a plug too!

Ok, I wanna give a plug to the guy who drives the 4x4 outside my workplace. :D

I want to put the plug in his exhaust pipe. :twisted:

Seafood works better!
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • I've had good service from Merlin Cycles and Hewitt Cycles (Leyland) and Biketreks (Ambleside) 8) :D
    "With just a little luck
    A little cold blue steel
    I'll cut the night like a razor blade
    Till I feel the way I wanna feel"
    [Cheap Trick]
  • Another vote here for city cycles. Martin and Jackie are great and the shop is choc full of bikes and goodies.
  • Burton
    Burton Posts: 172
    I'd like to name and shame my local shop but I'm not going to because we get a discount!
    I was in there on Saturday, with the other half and asked for advice on a bike for a six year old. I was told "I don't think we have anything small enough" Now we had just sat Jnr on a 20" and a 24" so I thinkt hey did have stock (she's already got a 16" so the next size up must be one of the above?) Now I may have let it pass had it been a spotty yoof I spoke to but it was actually a partner in the business. This isn't the first time I've had this. I was looking for a bike a few years ago and after half an hour with no one even bothering to ask if I'd like any help (I was the only customer in the shop) I thought bollocks to it, if they can't be arsed to even speak then I'll take my custom elsewhere. I have since spent £3k at least on bikes and a fair bit on services and part/clothing at a shop 20 miles away.
    The shop in question is a major player in this locality and is supposed to have a good reputation, so now I will contnue to take advantage of any discount they offer but will not feel any guilt about trying stuff on there and buying from t'internet if the price is better.
    The shop I moved to has since closed down which is a real shame as their customer service was an awful lot better, and I would buy from them rather than the net regardless of price because of the service provided.
    Until shops start to realise they will lose customers unless they modify their attitude, they have no place moaning about loss of custom. I have no doubt that had I asked to buy one of their £4k Cervelo or BMC's they may have got more interested....
    I am in the market for a new TT bike but sadly for them I will be buying elsewhere.
  • i'll plug my LBSes seeing as everybody's doing it...
    www.langsettcycles.co.uk
    www.jejamescycles.co.uk :wink:[/quote]

Also my LBS in Sheffield, great shop just a shame its staffed by t*****s

But i will plug Butterworth's on Catchbar Lane
  • scapaslow
    scapaslow Posts: 305
    CycleOrkney in Kirkwall Orkney. I don't think there's a website. A bit of the beaten track for most i admit. Useful if you are touring or on holiday. I'll give Orkney a plug as well as a great destination for a cycling holiday. Quiet well surfaced roads and lots of options for loops of any length. Wind and weather cannot be guaranteed however. I'm just back from there and had a great time on the bike despite the weather.

Hardie Bikes in Cairneyhill just outside Dunfermline in Fife.
    www.hardie-bikes.com

Both these shops are very friendly with great service and are run by keen cyclists.
  • Dickie
  • Dickie
    bump :D:D