The Retro GT Register - Sign Up

BoredHousewife
BoredHousewife Posts: 416
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Come on, we wanna know how many still ride - and pics!

Here's mine :D -

DSC00193.jpg

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Well, here's mine!

gtz41.JPG

A 1996 Zaskar LE. Had a few comonent changes over the years, but still has original headset and seatpost, and the shifters, crank and BB are on another bike. Now has manitou Skarebs, Crossmax Enduro wheels, LX dual release shifters and crank, XTR/XT mechs, and about to put a Raceface NEXT carbon bar on to mate with a Kooka Race stem. Weight is just under 23lbs.
  • mattyboy199
    mattyboy199 Posts: 627
    i have a 1996 Tempest in my parents loft ;-) anyone want it ?
    Show me your green bits i might buy them !
  • shivadread
    shivadread Posts: 110
    I've got a 1995 GT Tequesta and I have just brought a 1997 GT Zaskar.

I just love old school GT's I am now after a early 80's GT 24 Cruiser to go with my 1986 GT Performer and 1982 GT Santa Ana BMX
  • mattyboy199
    mattyboy199 Posts: 627
    I remember the STS 2 made of thermoplastic it looked amazing !
    Show me your green bits i might buy them !
  • Widdle
    Widdle Posts: 21
    I'm still using my mid 90's GT Backwoods but now with a kiddy seat on the back!
  • davydesign
    davydesign Posts: 178
    my dad still rides his '93 Pantera, will try and post a pic up at sometime.

How many inches of rear wheel travel did those LTS's have? Isn't that what Peaty rode when he started riding for GT back in tha day?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There were a few LTS over the years, varied from 3 to 6 inch of travel. Peaty rode a LTS DH, then a Lobo.
  • aphex2k
    aphex2k Posts: 3,229
    97 Zaskar. Will be swapping the stem for a 100mm black one when I find a nice one.

870138290_92ee60bceb_b.jpg
    Mark :)
  • dan1983
    dan1983 Posts: 314
    I have a GT Timberline in the shed, think its around a 1997 ir '98 model. Hasnt been ridden for a good few years so would need a few things doing to it to get it roadworthy, although this is the plan for some point. Give it to the old man to ride if he wants it.
  • davydesign wrote:

How many inches of rear wheel travel did those LTS's have? Isn't that what Peaty rode when he started riding for GT back in tha day?

Thats a '97 LTS-DH at the top, I think it has 5.5 inches at the back but I'm sure sonic will correct me if thats wrong, he seems to know these old GT's a little too well. Peaty rode this one the first year he signed for GT proper (for MBUK I think it was a 96 model),
  • I found this on ebay, does it count? Probably not worth a restoration :(:(:(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROCKSHOX-MOUNTAIN ... dZViewItem
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    You guys might want to visit this site if you haven't already done so! Brings back some memories! Well, for those of you that have been mountain biking for more that 10yrs or so!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/

Happy viewing!
  • I'm running amongst others a 99 GT Lobo DH 1000. It still rides perfectly but am in the process of converting it into a freeride rig with two chain setup which is proving to be very difficult.[/img]
  • Hi all, new to this site. Ive just finished building a Gt LTS DH , had been a bike i dreamed about as a young lad then found a mint frame about 12mths ago, been building it all this time and just finished, enjoying useing it now :D
  • think i got it 1999

[/img]http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3563874/
    Life is not a spectator sport
  • davydesign wrote:

My LTS 1 ('96 I think) had a 3 or 4 inch adjustable linkage. It was rubbish in either guise and kept spitting linkage bolts out all over the trail. The Zaskar is a gorgeous classic hardtail though.
    My Amp Goes Up to Eleven
    2010 Merlin Malt 1
    2000 KHE Beater
  • muddylegs
    muddylegs Posts: 485
    Here is mine brougth in 1991 still use it, it pulls my youngest's tagalong.
    http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv10 ... mview=grid[/url]
  • i sooo wish that gt would re issue the classic ball burnished zaskar as a full re issue (not just the ltd 500 they did in 2008) it has always been one of my dream bikes,but would love to have a modern version of it (exactly like the ltd run of them that they did.) :)
  • MRadd
    MRadd Posts: 205
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44591644@N ... 259040386/

Hows that for Classic?

By the way, I'm open to offers on this beast! Unfortunatly she has to go...
    : "Why don't i remember breaking my face?" :

: Semi Professional Grease Monkey, Full time Tea boy... :
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    my mates dad has a ball burnished zaskar (unsure of year) with spinergy wheels, judy xc world cup forks, full xtr..... its fully blinged out, and all original, and in imaculate condition, barely used! it is very, very nice, and its a super fast ride, even now.... i always insist on having a go every time to go to his house.... it makes my 09 GT Aggressor xcr feel a bit average.....
    i havent got a pic, but you can imagine.... the wheels have yellow carbon (?) spokes and blue rims, aparently they were like £1500(?) on their own?
    I like bikes and stuff
  • paulscutt
    paulscutt Posts: 332
    i've got a 1999 GT XCR4000 (I-Drive) in red - sold all the bits (everything was upgraded) and just got the frame and rear shock left now -FOR SALE
    Its in very good condition with just the odd paint chip - its been in my parents shed for about 4 years while i was at uni!!

Will be sadly missed but cant afford to keep 3 bikes going!

any offers welcome....
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's