Audax: questions

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
I did an audax a few years ago (Kirkpatrick MacMillan 150k in Ayr) and really enjoyed it despite crap weather and coming home last. I need a new challenge, for motivation, after losing my commute last year and audax appeals. I thought that I'd aim for the 'Randonneur 500' as a starter. I've had a look at the AUK site, but a few things aren't clear - the site's not very easy to navigate.
From the AUK site:
    Randonneur 500. By riding Populaire events of 50, 100 and 150km then going on to a 200km at Randonneur speed (ie, 200km or 125 miles in a maximum time of around 13½ hours), all in one season, you can become a Randonneur 500.
    When does the season run from/to?
    Would I have to do one of each of these distances? I assume 4 audaxes are the minimum.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• amaferanga
      amaferanga Posts: 6,789
      The audax season corresponds with the calendar year.

And yes, you'll need to do one of each distance.

For questions about audax you'll get a lot more info if you post in the audax and cyclosportive branch of ACF:

http://www.anothercyclingforum.com
      More problems but still living....
    • Crapaud
      Cheers Amaferanga. Uncanny - I was actually just having a nose around ACF.
      A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
    • Noodley
      Noodley Posts: 1,725
      The audax season runs from November until October.
    • amaferanga
      amaferanga Posts: 6,789
      Ooops sorry for the misinformation - I'm still fairly new to audax myself and I'd assumed that the audax season just ran with the calendar year. :oops:

I see you've posted on ACF so you'll soon have all the info you need from folks much more knowledgeable than me.
      More problems but still living....
    • Crapaud
      No probs, Amaferanga. And thanks for the suggestion. There does seem to be a wealth of experience over there. Looks like I've committed myself now. :roll: :D

Or is that 'I should be committed now'?