Cyclist writes off 4x4!!!!

BigLee1
BigLee1 Posts: 449
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
:lol: One of the guys at work has an old Mitsi Pajero & was coming along one of the narrow lanes when a cyclist came round the corner & hit him after coming over the handlbars & hitting his heel on the bonnet of the car. When the driver took it in to get a quote for the work done on the insurance they wrote back saying it was beyond economical repair & were writing it off!!! :lol: The dent was nowt nor something & I personally would`ve got one of the dentmaster places to sort it out rather than being stung for the insurance. Oh how we take the mick out of his 4x4 now :lol::lol: The cyclist had a few scrapes & bruises but was otherwise ok :D

Comments

• jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    What make of bike was he riding??????
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...and what make of shoe :?: :lol:
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • snakehips
    snakehips Posts: 2,272
    The guy must feel like a real 'pajero' now

Snake
    'Follow Me' the wise man said, but he walked behind!
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    I'd like a world where this happens more - where cars are made out of puff pastry, so if they do hit you or you hit them, property gets damaged rather than having my brains splattered all over some inch thick bonnet and me personals hung out to dry on the rhino bars.

I suppose it would have to be weatherproof puff pastry, but the principle still applies.
  • Chris90
    Chris90 Posts: 374
    Was he wearing diving boots?
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    sloboy wrote:
    I'd like a world where this happens more - where cars are made out of puff pastry, so if they do hit you or you hit them, property gets damaged rather than having my brains splattered all over some inch thick bonnet and me personals hung out to dry on the rhino bars.

I suppose it would have to be weatherproof puff pastry, but the principle still applies.

Skoda? Oh all right then it's cake :roll:
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • BigLee1
    Chris90 wrote:
    Was he wearing diving boots?

It was just a little dent but the driver is a bit of a fanny when it comes to things like this :lol:
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    Was he in full armour and pretending to be Sir Lancelot? And did his bike have a jet engine? :lol:
  • BigLee1
    No but we`re taking the mick saying his 4x4 was written off by a 6 year old on a bike :lol:
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Think of the cost of a panel beater to knock the dent back out.
    If I dent my car (which is insured as being around a grand in value) I would try and avoid getting insurance involved as 1) My uncle is a panel beater and 2) I would end up having to buy the thing back off the insurance company.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • SeanD
    SeanD Posts: 1
    If any of you guys want to try taking on my car whilst driving on the wrong side of the road, feel free to do so. If Lee tries it.. he wouldn't have to wear a helmet because there's nowt in his head.

Lee... the beauty of the internet is that you can find anything, anywhere.

The cost of knocking the dent out would still cost more than the excess on my insurance? The damage doesn't look much, but bent bumper supports etc., increase costs.

If you ride on the public highway, you should be responsible for your actions.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Fair enough - if a cyclist does damage - he should pay for it.

How many drivers are going around without licenses and insurance though - if the authorities can stop that happening - how the heck are they going to monitor cyclists ?
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    SeanD wrote:
    If any of you guys want to try taking on my car whilst driving on the wrong side of the road, feel free to do so. If Lee tries it.. he wouldn't have to wear a helmet because there's nowt in his head.

Lee... the beauty of the internet is that you can find anything, anywhere.

The cost of knocking the dent out would still cost more than the excess on my insurance? The damage doesn't look much, but bent bumper supports etc., increase costs.

If you ride on the public highway, you should be responsible for your actions.

If you are certain that the cyclist was at fault ... Sue him, you may find out that he does have insurance.
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!