edited August 2007 in The bottom bracket

Molon Labe.

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    Surely that guy has been taking drugs!!
  • lardarse rider
    lardarse rider Posts: 1,447
    All of my bikes are blue - except for the red one. From my distant memory, If you mix red and blue light, don't you get green?

I\'m pushing the pedals on my season cycle
  • sonicred007
    sonicred007 Posts: 1,091
    that was a forum of idiots
  • jimbo23
    jimbo23 Posts: 1,113
    his argument is a bit stupid, but you should keep in mind when you buy a new bike where it has come from, where the raw matirals used to make it shipped all the way round the world from europe to china etc., then manufactured in one of the most polluting (sorry about the spelling) countrys in the world, then shipped back to europe, plus a few lorry journeys thrown in for good measure. How big a "carbon footprint" has your new bike got before it's turned a pedal ?. how far do you need to cycle to take your new steed back to carbon neutral ?.
    <font color="red"><font size="1"><b>SAYING THANK YOU IS FREE</b></font id="size1"></font id="red">
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    jimbo23 wrote:
    his argument is a bit stupid, but you should keep in mind when you buy a new bike where it has come from, where the raw matirals used to make it shipped all the way round the world from europe to china etc., then manufactured in one of the most polluting (sorry about the spelling) countrys in the world, then shipped back to europe, plus a few lorry journeys thrown in for good measure. How big a "carbon footprint" has your new bike got before it's turned a pedal ?. how far do you need to cycle to take your new steed back to carbon neutral ?.

But then what about "green" cars, lots of parts manufactured in different parts of the world. How green are they? Nobody can claim their car is greener than a bike, unless it's actually made from compost found in their back garden!!
  • BigWomble
    BigWomble Posts: 455
    A cyclist does about 1500mpg. Never mind three people in a car, they would be closer with 40. How many boy scouts can you get in a car? We need to find out.
    Ta - Arabic for moo-cow
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I saw a wooden bike once - well a bike with wooden frame anyway. Perhaps that's the way forward (or backwards)?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • wildrnes
    wildrnes Posts: 119
    without coming across as a troll

who cares

pistonheads is a top forum full of total petrol heads if you don't agree with the guy then coolio, smile smugly to yourself and know that you are right (car contains minimum 1 tonne of raw materials it is going to pollute more end of)

running onto piston heads and starting a mini war will only end up with you coming across as a total whiny museli eating hippy

leave em to it

mind you if i ever see anyone saying how green their prius is they do get a bit of a verbal smackdown

matt
  • ajjh
    ajjh Posts: 4
    i saw a wooden bike once

woden frame

wooden wheels

wooden bars

but it wooden go :D
  • ajjh wrote:
    i saw a wooden bike once

woden frame

wooden wheels