'''single speed'' section forum

Hello.

I have noticed the lack of a dedicated SS section on your otherwise great forums. I have visited many SS forums and they always have people posting. They are a busy little community going about their business so why haven't you got one here?

Im sure it deserves a place in the forum along with all the other representatives of chosen MTB activities. Their views and thoughts are of legitimate thoughts and ideas in their chosen field of getting muddy :D

Please add a new part of the forum entitled ''single speed off'roading'' or at least give it a good thought. So many bike company's now offer a single speed set ups

'on one' 26r-29r( various builds)
Kona, unit
GT-9r peace
surly, karate monkey, instigator, pugsley
and many more

Please make the addition. It will add to these otherwise great forums that you have already in operation

Regards
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1347023/

KEEPING IT REAL RIDING STEEL

Comments

• chilled rider

That's a good idea, but we'll probably hold off until we can better organise the forum into sub-forums. We're rather aware that we have a lot of sections already!
    John Stevenson
  • BRUN
    BRUN Posts: 51
    the forum is far too big already, it needs making smaller, not bigger
  • BRUN

Will you settle for 'better organised and filterable'? That's what we're aiming for.
    John Stevenson
  • BRUN
    BRUN Posts: 51
    although it will look smaller on the front page, i dont agree with the sub section forums

the forum would be the same size and its simply too big to manage

at the moment i only really come on here to agree with other peoples complaints and make my own, which is a bit crap to be honest but i feel the majority need to be heard to get anything done, this idea was strongly opposed in the first place but the powers that be didnt listen anyway
  • How is it "too big to manage" if you can choose to see only what you want to see? You'll do that once, and bosh - it'll look just like the forum you're used to.
    John Stevenson
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    BRUN wrote:

at the moment i only really come on here to agree with other peoples complaints and make my own, which is a bit crap to be honest

Hmmm........ I use the Uk-mtb forum as well, and while I have complained about things here, I have also been happy when work has been done. I also use the forum as intended and try and post meaningfull stuff- I'm pretty sure that the people involved in making/ running the forum are well aware of the issues raised.

I also like the idea of a SS section somewhere in the forum, I have a On-One SS 29er :D
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sorry a single speed section would not be a good idea.

what would it bring? who would be interested?

you would have the single speed rodies. the single speed XC riders and then what about the single speed jump/street/park riders?

going to sub divide the single speed section?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mmm_pie
    mmm_pie Posts: 1,934
    You want to make even more forums!? Bloody hell.
    LOGO2.jpg
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    We have a section for single speed, fixed recumbents etc. in Road called Special interests. It used to be busy and interesting to read, but now it's dead. Hopefully that will change in time.
    ________
    GODDESS WORSHIP ADVICE
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • domtyler wrote:
    We have a section for single speed, fixed recumbents etc. in Road called Special interests. It used to be busy and interesting to read, but now it's dead. Hopefully that will change in time.

This is a section that wasn't on our old site that us 'M.t.B' folk used to frequent. I have just had a look and its a bit hit and miss with content, maybe a 'M.t.B' dedicated single speed off road section would be a good idea :?:

Great ideas on here but some need a bit of fine tuning
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1347023/

KEEPING IT REAL RIDING STEEL