Awesome - Lakeland Triathlon Challenge

Arrampicata
Arrampicata Posts: 3
edited September 2007 in Sportives/audaxes/training rides
This weekend I went round the Fred Whitton route with a friend Paul Clavey - not that unusual you might think, except that before the Fred, Paul had started his Saturday morning at 8am by swimming the length of Coniston Water (5miles). After a rest we set of off at midday and went round the Fred - with me as windbreaker, for those of you that have done the Fred we had a very stiff SW wind so the A66 was great fun - we finished the Fred at 9pm. That was my job done, Paul then went on to run the Bob Graham round this is a circular fell run over 42 lakeland tops and approximately 72miles. He finished this at about 3:30am this morning amidst the foulest weather. All in all an awesome acheivment.

Apart from personal masochistic tendencies Paul also did this for charity - if you would like to contribute to his chosen charity you can do this on www.justgiving.com/paulclavey. There's a good pic of him looking very worried about what he has chosen to do

Comments

• jpembroke
    jpembroke Posts: 2,569
    Now that is sick hard. Well done Paul!
    I'm only concerned with looking concerned
  • Hi
    I read this report in a running mag. I am inspired an I am planning on doing the route 21st June 2008.
    Could you please Contact Paul as I would like to clarify the following:
    1. The Start and end points on Coniston.
    2. The exact bike route - I have been on a routing site and found a 94 mile route.

With this being Paul’s baby it is only right that we follow his footsteps.

Cheers

Dave
    Pain is only waekness leaving the body
  • when i click on the link i get an error message!

I've no idea on the other sections but that run is an awesome achievement! Are you sure you got the times right!!?

72 miles in 6.5 hours is nearly 18km/h! Well done to both of you, and i hope the sponsorshops going well, except i have no idea what it's for as the link is broken
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    Must be one seriously fit bloke.I'm tired out just reading about it. Well done that man. :lol:
  • Dave L
    Dave L Posts: 251
    mea00csf wrote:
    I've no idea on the other sections but that run is an awesome achievement! Are you sure you got the times right!!?

72 miles in 6.5 hours is nearly 18km/h! Well done to both of you, and i hope the sponsorshops going well, except i have no idea what it's for as the link is broken
    I think you'll find that from the end of the cycle ride to the end of the run was actually 30.5hrs!
    The aim of the Bob Graham round is to do it in less than 24 hours I think, though if Paul didn't manage that he can be forgiven in this case!
    Dave