Any trails to ride near newcastle/ north east

killercheese
killercheese Posts: 60
edited July 2007 in Routes
hey guys me and my dad are pritty new at this lark and are looking for some trails to ride. The closer to blyth the better but we will be venturing to hamsterly and keilder in the summer holidays with a few of my mates who are into biking.

Comments

• well i found some and will share them in this thread if anyone wants.
  • i would like to no killer cheese?
  • HJ1976
    HJ1976 Posts: 205
    I'm down in M'bro, but any 'new' routes would be usefull to know.
  • HJ1976 wrote:
    I'm down in M'bro, but any 'new' routes would be usefull to know.
    well dude thease are more like spots but here goes (you will nee a map of the blyth area):

The avenue (long road that leads to seaton delaval from seatonce sluse), has many dirt jumps including doubles and table top and some step up's.

The canyon in hartley is the biggest and the best of the lot, its has doubles, table tops, drops, everything.

The dean is like the canyon just more hiden, it is on the track that goes from the avenue to hartley.

There is a car park which is awsome next to the football building being built on south newsham feild, there is a hill which does down into a cerb and then there is about a foot and a half drop from the ramp we built.

Last and not least is the blacka, as you come down the hair pin you have the choise to go up a dirt track on the left, over the bridge or to the right, take the right path and it will bring you out there. It is the best place in blyth for downhill as it has a fast section hit lost of small jumps and bumps and a slightly more tighter technical hill section. It also has a few of those hump things.