Millar to Slipstream?

sing_for_absolution
sing_for_absolution Posts: 1,908
edited August 2007 in Pro race
According to what I've read on L'Equipe, he's going to be leaving Saunier for Slipstream next year.

Comments

• aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    I've heard that too, elsewhere... They should have a half decent squad next year.

God i hope they change their kit...
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Top news! Slipstream have a great chance of getting a wild card for the Tour next year, which will put more pressure on teams like Astana to prove they're clean. So by next year perhaps doping scandals will be history?
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • If Millar joins I will buy their kit: I love it, best in the peloton
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    If Millar joins I will buy their kit: I love it, best in the peloton

I tried, but the Felt Bikes store (that stocks it) doesn't deliver to the UK... Import opportunity? :o
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    From PezCyling News:

Millar Goin' Stateside
    Matt Conn, PEZ' Italian correspondent, gave us the scoop this morning from La Gazzetta: David Millar is reported to have signed with the American Slipstream squad for 2008.

Also linked with Slipstream? George Hincapie. Hincapie is apparently 'talking' and has not signed with the hoping-to- soon-be-Tour de France squad.

There should be a plethora of big name signings over the rest of the summer and fall for Slipstream. It will be interesting to see exactly who, as some whopper names have been bandied about already.
  • Eurostar
    David Harmon just said on Eurosport that Vaughters told him he had signed Millar and Zabriskie. No mention of Hincapie or anyone else.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Must have one hell of a budget!
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Eurostar
    And this is where it comes from http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/11667.0.html
    <hr>
  • tonyw43
    tonyw43 Posts: 249
    Vaughters has confirmed on TDF coverage today that Miller and Zabriskie, along with Vandevelde (I think) are signing for Slipstream.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    Did my ears deceive me or did the interview on Eurosport mention a former Paris Roubaix winner?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Choose from O'Grady, Cancellara, Boonen, Backstedt, Van Petegem or Guesdon - my money would be on Backstedt but perhaps Van Petegem - but he didn't have a great time riding for Mercury a few years back.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    A new competition! :)

I pick O'Grady.
  • Monowai
    Monowai Posts: 329
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... jul30news2

Millar, Vande Velde, and Zabriskie - that's gonna be one hell of a squad - without a ProTour licence!
    Cake makes me happy
  • jimmythecuckoo
    Jersey Update - WCP do stock it and do deliver to the UK but I am still waiting a reply on delivery costs.

Come on Felt/Slipstream, start selling the argyle in the UK!!!!
  • rdaviesb
    rdaviesb Posts: 566
    Result. That's putting the money where the mouth is.

Brad to follow?
  • wastelander
    wastelander Posts: 557
    OT - anyone know what an RBI is? - Runner Batted In - where a batter at the plate makes a clean hit (not fouled or caught) allowing a team mate to complete his scoring run (around four bases)
  • At last we have it on this forum. An issue more devisive than whether LA doped on not.
    What am I talking about? This outfits kit.
    I take my hat off to the brave souls looking to buy the kit, cos i wouldnt be caught dead in it (granted im no fashionista, but even so)
    With the possible exception of anything ever worn by ONCE, its the worst kit ive ever seen
  • At last we have it on this forum. An issue more devisive than whether LA doped on not.
    I take my hat off to the brave souls looking to buy the kit, cos i wouldnt be caught dead in it (granted im no fashionista, but even so)
    With the possible exception of anything ever worn by ONCE, its the worst kit ive ever seen

OMG. :o

The ONCE kit is by far and away one of the best kits of the recent era. Especially the Pink TdF centenary one. How very dare you! You clearly are no fashionista, whereas I am the dog's danglies in my retro pink ONCE shirt! 8)

As Harvey Keitel said in Reservoir Dogs, "I need you to be cool. Are you cool?" "I am cool!"

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • With the possible exception of anything ever worn by ONCE, its the worst kit ive ever seen

you are kidding me ? argyle is ace :lol:
  • Eurostar
    Permit me to hijack this thread and turn in into a 'worst kit' one. Pics are essential. I'll start.

Slipstream seems to have its detractors:

slipstream.jpg

I thought ONCE was alright really:

oncepink.jpg

But both are surely more tolerable than this, modelled here by the studly Tony Rominger. I thought it would forever be the all time worst...

rominger2.jpg

...until this came along, requiring sofas to be equipped with sick bags at Tour time. When the ginger one wore it, flaunting his bile green codpiece, the TV was at risk from projectile vomiting:

floyd-1.jpg
    floyd2.jpg

:
    <hr>
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The thing is that anything looks ok on a pro rider in a way. It's when you see something like Phonak kit on a café racer or club guy, complete with pasty legs and an unmatching bike etc that they look really appalling.

Back to Slipstream: it seems they'll be sponsored by a chain of Mexican restaurants popular in the US. I can think of one now-unemployed rider who is known to like Mexico and could do with some regular anti-doping testing regime...
  • tmag2005
    tmag2005 Posts: 15
    The Slipstream Arygle is a great. I got a set of Shorts and Top about 3 mths back but you can order it from Slipstreams site itself..under Fun Stuff.

Its Hincapie made
  • Well at least we've provoked discussion!

And in fairness i did exclude the Phonak kit (i had forgotten about it completley)
  • tmag2005 wrote:
    The Slipstream Arygle is a great. I got a set of Shorts and Top about 3 mths back but you can order it from Slipstreams site itself..under Fun Stuff.

Its Hincapie made

What was delivery costs like?
  • wasp707
    wasp707 Posts: 116
    The Slipstream kit is bloody awful. Although it probably goes OK with pale white English legs.
  • Wildoo
    Wildoo Posts: 11
    Southaustralia.com-AIS Now thats a cool kit!

They will be riding the TOB this year
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    At last we have it on this forum. An issue more devisive than whether LA doped on not.

OMG. :o

The ONCE kit is by far and away one of the best kits of the recent era. Especially the Pink TdF centenary one. How very dare you! You clearly are no fashionista, whereas I am the dog's danglies in my retro pink ONCE shirt! 8)

As Harvey Keitel said in Reservoir Dogs, "I need you to be cool. Are you cool?" "I am cool!"

surely the pink mercatone Uno kit as worn by Pantani trounces the ONCE. Those pink shorts in the rain :D:D

As for awful, who can ever forget the Carrera stone-washed look as modelled by....pantani
    M.Rushton
  • tmag2005
    tmag2005 Posts: 15
    tmag2005 wrote:

Its Hincapie made

What was delivery costs like?

Couldnt tell you unfortuantely, as I got it free. But it would be about $25 i would think.
  • The issue with ordering stuff from the US is the delivery charge.

I wanted a Jittery Joes jersey a couple of years back and the postage was almost as much as the jersey itself.