This new forum's a bit crap isn't it

vermooten
vermooten Posts: 2,697
I'm not getting into it, I spend more time at Weight Weenies these days. I thought I'd get used to the wishy washy colours and layout, but it's just not happening. Plenty other forums out there.

Annoying though, it used to be good here. Ah well.
You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers

Comments

• Mr Bumble
    Mr Bumble Posts: 572
    I am with you, not the same now that the number of categories has exploded.... :cry:

I really miss the old forum, nice and simple, race not dissected into different forums...

..even Kieth Oates who probably had the record for the highest daily post seems to have lost interest....
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Can we keep all posts of suggestions/criticism/complaints in the same place so that the guys working on the site can see them, please?
  • Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    the over eager mods who don't want to seem conversation flow are bugging me..
  • Moose11
    Moose11 Posts: 235
    Disagree, I really enjoy these forums
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what i would love to know, how is this relavant to Race?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Big Red S
    the over eager mods who don't want to seem conversation flow are bugging me..
    I've nothing much against conversation, I'd just like it in the relevant place.

If you've got a suggestion, it makes sense to put it somewhere that the people who can act on it can see it - the sugestions thread in the Bikeradar office forum.
    If you just want to talk about how bad you think the forum is, there's the sandbox for that kind of thing.

I can't quite see how this thread belongs in race.
  • Steve Austin
    well, delete it then :roll:

The thing with forums, is they do have a certain amount of spontaneity about them. NO_ONE can control this, if folk want to discuss pizza in tech, what you gonna do? delete it?

I won't lose any sleep if you delete it, but maybe take note of the sentiment before you do
  • Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    well, delete it then :roll:

The thing with forums, is they do have a certain amount of spontaneity about them. NO_ONE can control this, if folk want to discuss pizza in tech, what you gonna do? delete it?

I won't lose any sleep if you delete it, but maybe take note of the sentiment before you do
    You really talk some crap at times...
  • Steve Austin
    no i mostly type crap. i actually talk lots of very sensible stuff.
  • Rhythm Thief
    Rhythm Thief Posts: 2,787
    A thread like this could be at home in Race (or Commuting, or Jumping, or anywhere else) because its author is trying to reach a particular 'crowd' of people. This was much more accepted on the old C+ forum and I think the change in moderation style is one reason many forummers have, er, gone a bit quiet of late.
    This site is getting better though and I appreciate it's been a difficult time.
  • Sheepish
    Sheepish Posts: 93
    i come here to laugh and generally see if it's worth staying yet - i'm sure when it's fixed up, i will spend some time here, but my home is definitely at ukmb.org.uk
    Uncooked Prawn
  • Big Red S
    A thread like this could be at home in Race (or Commuting, or Jumping, or anywhere else) because its author is trying to reach a particular 'crowd' of people. This was much more accepted on the old C+ forum

Ah, noted.
    It's nice to have explained what it is that constitutes this 'heavy handed' moderating we keep being accused of.
    I suppose the ex-C+ forums have more of a different-groups-of-people organisation to them than the MBUK ones (which I'm used to) did.
  • snorri
    snorri Posts: 2,981
    It really is still a very confused situation for some of us.
    There is still no symbol or identification beside a posters name to confirm that that person is in fact a mod.
    It seems that it can be OK for mods to add their piece to obviously trollish threads, but yet they can clamp down on any threads that are tending towards smalltalk.
    Why we need such high profile modding is a mystery, things were jogging along fine with anonymous mods making rare appearances before this amalgamation.
  • Red Lemon
    To be honest, I think a certain MBUK mod, who shall remain nameless, shouldn't have been a mod on MBUK, let alone this site.

Childish banter one minute, banning people on a whim the next; one set of rules for his mates, another set of rules for everyone else.

With any luck, we won't see any of that BS on the new site.
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    That Wysiwig was a right fucker :wink:
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • Red Lemon
    Haha, obviously it was him :wink:
  • Big Red S
    snorri wrote:
    It really is still a very confused situation for some of us.
    There is still no symbol or identification beside a posters name to confirm that that person is in fact a mod.
    As far as I know, anyone who was a moderator pre-merge is a moderator post-merge.
    There's a list of the MtB moderators here, and there are odd ones mentioned on the forum index page.
    Why we need such high profile modding is a mystery, things were jogging along fine with anonymous mods making rare appearances before this amalgamation.
    I know that C+ and WMB needed very little in the way of moderation, but MBUK, given its user base, needed quite consistent and obvious moderation.
This discussion has been closed.