Pedal to Paris - advice requested

hobara10
hobara10 Posts: 3
Hi - I'm one of the lucky ones to secure a place on this year's Pedal to Paris for the Royal British Legion. I'm in the final stages of prep for it - but I'd be really grateful if anyone who's done it before could give me a head's up as to the route to come. I've heard that it's "lumpy". Any advice please?[/b]

Comments

• jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    There may be a few lumps in Kent but the north of France, Pas de Calias,
    that part is mainly flat.
    It goes along the Seine and canals so doesn't sound too lumpy.
    have you got a route map yet?

george
  • hobara10
    hobara10 Posts: 3
    Many thanks for that - no yet to receive a detailed route yet - it should be arriving in a week or two.
  • KYBO
    KYBO Posts: 91
    Day One lumpy and Capel le Ferne at the end which is 1 mile of misery but a good challenge.
    Day two Calais Abbeville some long climbs but not steep.
    Day three Abbeville Beauvais rolling with a couple of real great stretches for speed
    Day four Beauvais Paris some short climbs otherwise rolling

Enjoy what is I believe the best of its kind.

KYBO
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Is that you Matt ? long time no hear, i hope you're well .. I'm off for my 3rd P2P, I can't wait for it to start... Hopefully the remnants of Hurricane Dean will blow us up Capel le Ferne.
    It's a great ride, with top organisation & for a great cause. The ceremonies of remembrance are quite moving..

See you all at Greenwich next Thursday

Greg
  • KYBO
    KYBO Posts: 91
    Greg,
    yep it's me! Not on this one as I have so little time left to take part in rides as I'm directing or consulting on others. I'll be doing signage all the way down on day one though as usual.
    Third one eh? Got the taste for the better things in life by the looks of it. What group are you going in?
    Still training up Boxhill? If so, it would be nice to catch up one day?

KYBO

Matt
  • sherlock65
    sherlock65 Posts: 373
    Day one is indeed the lumpiest bit - especially one nasty climb on the Downs.
    Pray for a westerly wind that day 'cos with an easterly 'tis a bitch.
    After that gradients are nice - the north of France doesn't do steep hills on road like the south of England can, they're more gentle but go on for a lot longer.
    Lots of fun this route, try to get into a group going at the right speed and you'll have a blast.

Enjoy!

Steve
    The dog did nothing in the night-time; that was the curious incident...