Where's my thread gone?

dannygcp
dannygcp Posts: 151
When Bikradar was first launched I started a thread entitled "This site is pants".

While in retrospect I would acknowledge that this might not have been the most constructive response to the problems that plagued the site when it was launched, I am now surprised discover that this thread seems to have disappeared.

Can I assume that this is another glitch and not censorship :?: :?: :?: :!:

Comments

• Gavin Weeks
    Gavin Weeks Posts: 321
    It was removed, as there was frankly no point to it. Therefore is spam, and removed accordingly, if you wish to re-post it with a more constructive subject then feel free. :)
  • dannygcp
    Hmmm...

You seem to have a pretty broad definition of SPAM.

I would argue that the number responses the thread attracted demonstrated that there was some genuine disatisfaction with the new site. Also while I may have been letting of steam in my OP, I also made some constructive suggestions about things that needed to be put right.

I would suggest that arbitrarily removing critical threads from the site is not the way to win back hearts and minds :!:
  • Patrick Stevens
    Patrick Stevens Posts: 13,398
    It was removed, as there was frankly no point to it. Therefore is spam, and removed accordingly, if you wish to re-post it with a more constructive subject then feel free. :)

There was a thread in the MTB section where it was said that there was more freedom under Pol Pot than under Future moderators. The thread went on to make some comparisons with the Holocaust.

My feeling was that this was not very constructive. :wink:
  • Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    But was it removed??

(Since I don't think I'll be able to find it, if it is still there!)
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • Gavin Weeks
    Gavin Weeks Posts: 321
    There may have been constructive points, and if you wish to re-iterate them in a more constructive topic label than "this site is pants".

A topic name like that doesn't gain a lot of credibility.

And the last thing you can say is we ignore/avoid or cant take criticism, we have been working our asses off this week to correct a lot of the issues through the site which will go live very soon. Ive spent a good 4 solid days sorting out the forums.
  • Patrick Stevens
    Mosschops2 wrote:
    But was it removed??

It was around long enough for people to start discussing it in detail. One chap hotly sprang to Future's defence and pointed out that Pol Pot used to tie people to a tree and saw their heads off with some sort of serrated plant leaf. He said that no one from Future had done this.

I was tempted to chip in and say that in the case of one or two posters it would be amply justified. :wink:
  • dannygcp
    There may have been constructive points, and if you wish to re-iterate them in a more constructive topic label than "this site is pants".

And the last thing you can say is we ignore/avoid or cant take criticism, we have been working our asses off this week to correct a lot of the issues through the site which will go live very soon. Ive spent a good 4 solid days sorting out the forums.

Depends how you define credibility - it did attract 3 pages of mostly supportive posts.

I know you guys have been working hard to sort the problems out, but you risk undoing all your hard work by appearing to censor criticism (constructive or not).
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Mosschops2 wrote:
    But was it removed??

It was around long enough for people to start discussing it in detail. One chap hotly sprang to Future's defence and pointed out that Pol Pot used to tie people to a tree and saw their heads off with some sort of serrated plant leaf. He said that no one from Future had done this.

I was tempted to chip in and say that in the case of one or two posters it would be amply justified. :wink:

Hmm, am i sick in wanting to watch? :shock: I have as many issues with the forum as most, but still use it. and not much point in reiterating whats been said a thousand times :roll: ... I'm starting to like it here as well but some of the comments are just, err, well a tad over the top chaps! :lol:
    Looking forward to see what you guys have been upto, to improve the site! :D
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • mc
    mc Posts: 70
    Hopefully once they get the filtering sorted out, things will improve alot more.

It's one of the main things that should of been sorted before BR went live, as it would of avoided alot of the current arguments. But it's not a feature they're going to be able to sort out quickly, as it's quite an involved thing to implement (hence why it should of been one of the basic features done to start with)
  • Patrick Stevens
    ratty2k wrote:
    Mosschops2 wrote:
    But was it removed??

Hmm, am i sick in wanting to watch? :shock:

Not as sick as I am in volunteering to tie a couple of them to the tree. :wink:

You may have gathered from the fact that I've been hanging around that I've not given up on the site yet.

(I'm not just hanging around for my post count to be restored - honest. :wink: )
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    :lol::lol::lol:
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719

OK then. A constructive request-

I've tried several times to find out what has been done and what is being done to improve things. But it's impossible. There are so many threads asking questions, and the ones offering replies are too long to read.

So, can we have a locked, sticky thread with some kind of summary of the week, and list of what is being done to improve things?

OK then. A constructive request-

I've tried several times to find out what has been done and what is being done to improve things. But it's impossible. There are so many threads asking questions, and the ones offering replies are too long to read.

So, can we have a locked, sticky thread with some kind of summary of the week, and list of what is being done to improve things?

Yes, I will make sure we work to get something like this up for all people who are interested.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830

It wasn't spam and the subject line was accurate. This site is a complete mess and I'm sure you aren't just losing forum members but magazine readers too because of it.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • dannygcp
    Oddly while you can't say that the forum is "pants" you are allowed to say "its a bit crap" http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12537089
  • So we've relaxed a bit since last week. Think of it as a learning curve for everyone.
    John Stevenson
  • dannygcp
    Glad to hear it :D:D:D