Leg shaving/waxing

2»

Comments

• ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    Bemused MTBer here - can you explain the benefit of getting rid of your leg hair? Not having a go at anyone for doing it, just curious as to why you do! :D

What does surprise me a little is that MTBers don't. As someone who does a bit of both it is a lot easier to clean your legs when they are caked in mud if they are shaved.
    I have pain!
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346

What does surprise me a little is that MTBers don't. As someone who does a bit of both it is a lot easier to clean your legs when they are caked in mud if they are shaved.

I suspect they just can't be arsed. I can't, I get fed up shaving my face every two days :lol:
    Jas
    it looks a bit steep to me.....
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    ivancarlos wrote:
    Bemused MTBer here - can you explain the benefit of getting rid of your leg hair? Not having a go at anyone for doing it, just curious as to why you do! :D

I used to shave my legs when I took MTBing seriously enough to go racing XC, but once I stoppped and just rode for fun, I couldn't be bothered.

With regard to ease of cleaning wounds, surely this is an argument for de-fuzzing one's forearms as well? :wink:

I had one MTB accident where my left arm got caught between my torso and the ground, it took ages to clean all the dirt out...
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)