Bedgebury - Saturday or Sunday?

impished
impished Posts: 1,092
edited July 2007 in MTB rides
Hi peeps,

Anybody riding Bedgebury this weekend?
Maybe we could arrange for a mass Bikeradar/MBuk forum ride :P or just a few bored solo riders trying to outdo each other :wink: :twisted:

Let me know...

www.impished.co.uk/gallery/
(yes I know there's pictures of a Venus Fly trap, I was bored & tipsy) :lol:

Comments

• breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Not this weekend as busy but thinking of going up there tonight for a quick lap to try out my gps thing im playing with. Wonder how dry it is, probably bad in places knowing that area!
  • impished
    Do you park in the main carpark?

I'd love to do an afterwork ride, but by the time I've struggled through the Maidstone traffic, it takes me over an hour to get there!!! :cry:
    Hope you have fun tonight though. You should take a camera and post a ride report tomorrow :wink:
  • breezer
    See post in the XC section on your bedgebury thread for where I park :)

I will be doing better than that. I am testing a GPS thing for work which is intended for cars but I used it on the London to Brighton and again the other night riding up on the downs and in Friston forest, you can then view your route in Google Earth :) If it works tonight I will make a thread with them on here somewhere and let you know
  • impished
    Great!!! You gonna post the Google Earth link? with speeds, I hope :wink:

Come on! Anyone else @ Bedgebury this weekend?
    I go there most weekends on my own and I'm getting bored whooping to myself :roll:
  • breezer
    Will if it works etc but I am half injured so dont expect it to be that quick! May struggle to get a signal with the dense woodland as well although did ok in Friston
  • impished
    Anybody goin to Bedgebury this weekend coming 21st/22nd?
    Or am I destined to keep badgering my lazy m8s :twisted: and ride alone? :roll:
  • ukcraigb
    ukcraigb Posts: 113
    Yea I'm going to go this weekend, proberly Sunday, could meet up if you like?
  • impished
    Only if you're not a uber-fit-racing-type, 'cos I probably ain't as good as I like to think I am :oops:

Where do you park? In the main carpark?

Any idea what time you're going?
  • ukcraigb
    Well I aint uber fit at the mo, busted my knee a while back, first time out on the track for 6 weeks, been building up with commuting to work!

Anyways, yea I park up in the car park, gonna get there early maybe 7 AM or so...
  • impished
    Sounds good...
    I'm waiting for a decision from a work m8 about Sat or Sun... :roll:
    and I've just got a PM from a couple of peeps (self confessed noobs :wink: ) who wanna see the whole of the route... :)
    I'll post again tomorrow wiv some more details.. but it could end up wiv about 5 of us!!!! :P
    (but then again maybe it'll just be me again!!! :roll: :( )
  • lego
    lego Posts: 769
    Ello, I could be up for a hack on Sunday as long as your gentle :lol: and it's not a very early start.
  • impished
    OK,
    Shall we say Sunday then.... :P
    Post some preferred start times and we'll see whats best for all...
    Personally I'm thinking about 9ish start (takes me a little over an hour to get to Bedgebury :roll: )

And Ian... I'm not looking for racing... Just be nice to do the loop without talking to the trees all the time. :shock:

As an incentive... I'll bring the granola bars :wink::lol:
  • ukcraigb
    Hi,
    I'm gonna get there for 8AM I think - early bird gets the empty track!
    I've got a Giant XTC SX and I'll be wearing a red jacket.
    My cars a blue Seat Leon 53 Plate, if you see me feel free to say hi!

Cheers, Craig.
  • lego
    8AM on a Sunday! Your mad UKCRAIG.
    What about 8.30? in the main car park?
    Any one keeping an eye on the weather?
  • impished
    8 to 8:30ish sounds good YAWN... :?
    I'm taking my new black Carrera Fury and I'll be in silver Peugeot 307 03 plate

As I said in previous posts, I don't mind a bit of competitiveness, but I'm nowhere as fit or good as I like to think I am. :roll: So don't be suprised if we say "hi" in the car park and then that's the last you see of me until the air-ambulance leaves :shock:

As for keeping eye on weather.... NAH :twisted: If it rains it'll wash the mud out of ya grin :lol: Anyway, I wanna see how much better my discs are compared to the V's on my B17 (that gave up on me a couple of weeks ago in the rain!! OUCH :roll: )
  • ukcraigb
    Hi guys,

I decided to do Bedgebury today, gotta work on Sunday!!! :evil: not happy!

Haha Ian, do you self a favor and get down there early! I live in London, the A21 south bound on my way home was appaling, 7-8 mile tail backs from the sheer weight of traffic.

Anyways, the conditions for the most part are quite frankly appaling!!!

Puddles 2 feet deep in places. The gravel tracks are really well drained tho.
    It was my first time in about 6 months, but theres quite a few diverstions where they are logging.

Also, the exit used to be opposite the entrance, but no more! They have diverted it so that the old exit is part of the main trail, and oh my, what a great decision! Instead of being a long boring uphill trudge to the exit its a fast flowing down hill section, best part of the track by far! Do yourself a favor and have a couple of goes!

And finaly, a warning to you all!!! Take it easy on the wood bridges, there really slippery. Today on the first bridge just as you go into the pine forest bit some poor guy had an accident, buckled his front wheel really badly, it looked more like a new age sculpture that a wheel!!! I managed a fairly impresive crash myself, too fast round a muddy cornor and the back slipt out, nice soft landing tho!!!

Have fun guys and let me know how you get on, maybe we can meet up soon!
  • impished
    Yeah, I had a slippery moment on that bridge a few weeks ago :shock:

U still going Ian?
    Well, as I said I'll be there approx 8:30 tomorrow, silver Pug 307 03 plate, black Carrera Fury... give me a shout if you want someone to ride round with :)

As for the puddles :lol: I love the wet weather, although the tyres on the Fury aren't all that in mud :? :oops:
  • lego
    Glad you had a good time UKCRAIG and cheers for the warnings, There's not much worse than wet wood bridges!

I'll be there IMPISHED should be 8.30. I'll be driving a red sedona.
    See you in the morning bright and breezy ha ha.
    Any last takers out there? 8.30 in the main car park (bring some coffee :) )
  • impished
    See ya tomoz, nice and early... :shock:

Anyone else reading just come and say "hi" to me or Ian
  • impished
    Cheers Ian. :D
    Sorry if I held you back at all :oops: Not been on the bike all week.. :cry:

That was nice and muddy @ Bedgebury today :lol:

Maybe a few more will brave the mud next weekend :wink:
  • lego
    The pleasure was all mine :) . Thanks for showing me round I was quite impressed to be honest. I'm working next weekend so it'll be the weekend after for me.
    Perhaps it'll be dry by then :lol: . Hope your tongue heals by then!
    Take it easy chap.