Amersham RCC 50 Mile Challenge 5th August 2007

cyclefleet
cyclefleet Posts: 3
Anyone doing this? - a real alternative for anyone who doesn't fancy the gruelling 120 mile Archer - entry form and details here: www.amershamrcc.co.uk
..and don't forget the Archer and Amersham events are related, so you could decide to switch on the day (from longer route to shorter of course!!) depending on how you feel, the weather, and your time commitments. Registration for both is at The Misbourne School, Great Missenden. The shorter route also has a prize of a a special edition one off yellow jersey for the best time!

Comments

• palinurus
    palinurus Posts: 836
    Thought I'd search to see if there was anything about this event on here, I'm doing it tomorrow- it's pretty close to me (riding distance anyway, it'll probably work out at around 85 miles in total for me, assuming I don't get lost).

I've no idea how quick these things are. Soon find out.
  • Ed Moses
    Ed Moses Posts: 90
    This was a nice rideout this morning - but TOO Hot! Nice views from the top of the ridge near Wadston.

Thanks to all concerned and looking forward to the next one!

Ed
    riding the Green Roberts this morning
  • palinurus
    palinurus Posts: 836
    It was pretty good, it would've been better if I had covered my legs with sunscreen as well as my arms, I obviously left a load of gaps on my legs. My arms are nicely browned, my legs have red streaks.

Since I got lost, twice, and added an extra nine miles, I decided to make it a century, what with riding to the start and back, then round the block a few times once I got home. First one in a long while.