Should I tear their arm off?

Convert
Convert Posts: 2
edited July 2007 in Road beginners
Evening all

I have just been down to my LBS to see what is available for £1100-1400....anyway long story short I have been offered an 07 Spesh Roubaix Expert for £1650 down from £1999. It has been on 2 very short (round the car park) test rides and is mint.

Whilst it is a little over budget; it's a lot of bike for the money and in my size 58 they are like rocking horse droppings so "deals" are non existant.

So...is it worth going for..?

Comments

• Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    If `deals` are non existant ... and they are rare as ... I`d get back quick :wink: .
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    i would proceed with stealth and make sure you do not want a sportier bike than the roubaix...if that's the type of bike you're after then it's a good deal!
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    I found this deal earlier this evening which I thought was good (hope it does not make chosing even harder for you):

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=71361
  • sloxam-alt
    sloxam-alt Posts: 10
    roubaix is relaxed geometry, scott is rock on racing geometry. i have a roubaix comp and love it. i have no desire to get down so low that my knees hit chest so i didn't buy a racing geometry bike.
    roubaix deals ARE non existent and yours is a cracking deal.
    all depends what you want really
    is it on yet?
  • Steveorow
    Steveorow Posts: 162
    As FH says proceed carefully its a lot of dosh if it end up not fit for purpose . Not just now but in the future . Depends on what you want but I found the Roubaix felt a little dead and unresponsive when I was in the market for a new steed . Did not want an out and out racer either so went for this

www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=5905

I also heard good reports about the Willier Mortorolo but could not test ride so went for the Cannondale ; A few folsk on here have the Willier .