the gut

Felix-da-house-mouse
edited July 2007 in Road beginners
Hi,

I am 27 and really enjoy my cycling, i suffer from water retention around my stomach due to medication i'm on, what can i do to shift it fast? i've heard weightlifters take vinegar is it reduces water retention.
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    Don`t mess about with `witchcraft`. Go see the doc - there`s proper medication for that problem.
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • what he can give me something for water retention?
    felix's bike

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    have you tried any of the over the counter things? - go to the 'womens problems' area in your local supermarket - there is a selection.

although - that said, if it is caused by medication then be careful of reading the instructions. I agree that you should see your doctor - if he doesn't recommend a cure for the retention then he might change the medication to a different type without that sude effect.
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    First and simplest: drink plenty of water, it means you retain less. Pee like a racehorse, but retain less water.

I have pie retention. :(
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • bonescp
    bonescp Posts: 181
    i think body builders take it to help them dehydrate to make the skin shrink to show off the muscles in competion
  • david 142
    david 142 Posts: 227
    Its been said before...
    If you have a problem and you even suspect links to any medication you're on, take it to your doctor!
  • carlstone
    carlstone Posts: 602
    As above, ask your doctor.

Bodybuilders due take diauretics and also do many other disturbing things to reduce fluids.

There have been quite a few bodybuilders DIE doing this sort of thing.

Go and see the doc.

:)
  • jonesy124
    jonesy124 Posts: 205
    I would definatley say drink lots of water. When I was going on holiday last year I did this prior to donning my bikini on the beach. You will notice the difference within a few days - i lost almost a stone because of it. I know that men and women are different but its worth a try and is much less likely to cause damage than vinager!!! If you drink lots of water your body will not need to retain loads and will flush it all out (i think thats how it works).

Also try peppermint tea - lots of it. See what happens and let me know.
  • AndyGates
    AndyGates Posts: 8,467
    That much? Wow, I'm trying that. I normally give up after a couple of days 'cos I get fet up with peeing like a racehorse... :D
    Wanted: Penny farthing. Please PM me!
    Advice for kilted riders: top-tubes are cold.
  • david 142
    david 142 Posts: 227
    On the gallop? :shock:
  • how much water tho?
    felix's bike