Front forks

Sir HC
Sir HC Posts: 20,148
edited July 2007 in XC and Enduro
Need some forks to go on the inbred, so need to be either 100mm or less and around the £200 mark.

Forks I've been looking at:
Marzocchi MX Pro ETA's
Rockshox Recon U-turns (anyone use the Air versions ?)
Rockshox Revelation U-turns

Anyone used the above, and which should I go for ?
Intense Socom
Inbred

Comments

• DomA
    DomA Posts: 530
    Are you after 130mm or will you only use 100mm travel?

I needed the 130mm to go with my frame and found the Revelation 409 Air U-turn at Merlin for £250, less the current 10% and it worked out at £225 delivered :)

I only fitted it yesterday so have not really had a chance to make a long term decision, but so far I am very impressed.

Even without bedding in it seems very smooth out of the box. It's very light at less than 4lbs and the bike is now much better balanced.
    505705811_e0b856800e_t.jpgMaxlight XC>120
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Do you need the U turn feature, or plan to use it in the future? If not might as well get a fixed travel Reba (well, its internally adjustable) from Merlin for 225 which is lighter.
  • WillGTJumper
    WillGTJumper Posts: 505
    dont get the u-turn if you dont need adjustably and just get an air version
  • Scubar
    Scubar Posts: 453
    Ive got the Recon 351 U Turns and they are very good for the price, have a nice feel to them when hammering it down a trail.

My Marin Hawkhill 2007 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1382583/
  • DomA
    DomA Posts: 530
    Well I've just been out for an hour or two on the bike :)

I LOVE these forks! They are super smooth and soak up everything my local trail has to offer with ease.

Bare in mind that my wrist is still a bit dodgy from 10 weeks ago and yet I didn't even feel a twinge. So I didn't drop off anything larger than a foot, but hey.

I haven't ridden too many bikes, but I have ridden a 2007 Marin Ti frame with 100mm Fox and these are easily the equal of those.

Dom
    505705811_e0b856800e_t.jpgMaxlight XC>120