Possible bike

Comments

• grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    I've looked at that one but it says it's around 25lb in weight if I remember correctly plus it's Sora equipped, although on th eplus side it does have a carbon fork and you can fit mud guards to it if you want to.

If you check out www.paulscycles.co.uk you can get a trek 1200 or lemond reno for £500 delivered. I've also seen a lot of places online doing the Specialized Allez for £399.

Alternatively, you can pick up a Carrera Valour at Halfords for £280 which is Sora equipped but with a Tiagra rear mech (no carbon fork though) and is probably a touch lighter. £350 will get you an old model vanquish which has tiagra shifters and 105 rear mech.

I know a lot of people slag off Carrera because they come from Halfords but I had one of their Carrera mountain bikes and it was seriously excellent.

One of my mtb acquaintances has a Carrera Vanquish road bike and he thinks it's excellent. I was almost going to buy one but am holding off for something more expensive as my work has signed up to the cycle to work scheme so I can basically get a £700 bike for what I was going to pay for the Carrera. However, if it hadn't been for that, I'd have gone for the Carrera.

Hope this helps
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    There are a few people in my club that ride Carreras and they seem to rate them quite highly for what they cost.
    ________
    Plymouth reliant specifications
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Hmmmm...Giant SCR3 at £380 at Paul's looks nice... :lol:

Decisions, decisions... :lol:

Have thought about Carreras, how's the frame and wheel build quality (I know from other posts that the general assembly and set-up by Halford's own staff leaves something to be desired!!!)

It's just a hill. Get over it.