Rain needed

Hairy Jock
Hairy Jock Posts: 558
edited July 2007 in Commuting chat
Ever since the sun came out it has been difficult to find a space in the bike shed, back when it was raining there was raining there was no problem finding a space. Bl00dy fair weather cyclists, we need more rain :evil:

Well what is really needed is a bigger bike shed but that isn't going to happen until the buildings manager retires. It is supposed to be an environmentally friendly organisation, they can find £10m for a new "gateway", but a new bike shed for the staff no chance.
Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,706
    Arrive earlier. ;)
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    We don't have that problem, we dont even have a bike shed. Theres's just 3 of us who regularly commute by bike and one of them uses his motorbike when the weather's good so we actually have more room when its dry
  • Tynancp
    Tynancp Posts: 160
    yeah death to the fair weather cyclists

them wobbling about on the way in is more annoying than them clogging up the bike shed

although we just have those big loops to lock up to, plenty of them and you can double up

it can rain every day if the wind stops and the hills get a bit easier
  • neslon
    neslon Posts: 54
    i carry mine up three floors and keep it in the office, regardless of the weather (and if you want mor rain, you can have some of mine- its been stotting doon heor!)
  • beanzontoast
    beanzontoast Posts: 1,457
    Although my commuter is my oldest and least lovely bike, it has a nice warm storeroom to live in during the daytime and I still like to dry it before putting it away :oops: Which means recently, I've spent a lot of time drying my bike...

I don't think I'd use an outdoor bike shed even if there was one. Having the bike indoors makes it easier to carry out lunchtime repairs on the odd occasion when needed and as there's only one key for the store, I don't have to worry about it getting nicked.

Edited by beanzontoast looking ever so carefully for mistakes
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I think I got wetter on the bike leg of the tri I did today than I had been in the lake.

So if you want some rain, it's here, come and get it !
  • longers75
    longers75 Posts: 214
    There's only five at work who cycle in but there's at least 12 bikes. (and growing). Joe has a tendency to go and find restoration projects at the tip during his dinner. Luckily space is not a problem.