Tour 2008-2010

knedlicky
knedlicky Posts: 3,097
edited July 2007 in Pro race
Anybody know of the rough routes the Tours (or the Giros) in the next few years?

The Tour 2008 starts in Brest, apparently without a prologue, instead a flat stage to Plumelec. Then follows a stage across Brittany and a 3rd stage bringing them to St. Malo. But what then?

The Giro starts in Palermo with a prologue and then 2 stages in Sicily, but what then?

I heard the 2009 Tour might start in Monaco, with a 15 km prologue, then within 4 days into the Alps, which would make a good change from a week of sprinters.

And that the 2010 Tour might start at Düsseldorf in Germany, though other competitors for both years include Rotterdam, Utrecht, Liege, Lugano, Budapest (!), Florence and San Sebastian/Bilbao.

Comments

• pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    I reckon the only person who knows more than you is Prudhomme. What are you asking people on here for :?: :D
  • GroupOfOne
    GroupOfOne Posts: 21
    Apparently the first stage to Plumlec next year ends with a 2km climb according to Monsieur Prudhomme. Can't remember where I read it over the weekend but he said it was a chance to give different types of riders the chance to wear yellow in the opening days, giving the example of Paolo Bettini.

Also I read (somewhere else) they were still undecided about whether the 2009 Tour (if indeed it starts in Monaco as heavily rumoured) will go into the Alps that soon.

Personally I think it should, as a change, and it could make some of the 'flatter' stages interesting, particularly if you've got a climber in yellow, as the other teams try to ambush them.
  • xio
    xio Posts: 212
    please, not Dusseldorf. The dullest place on earth.
  • ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    yeah its definitely monaco start in 2009
  • floatman
    floatman Posts: 28
    budapest would make for a pretty arduous transfer after stage 1!
  • yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    "Apparently the first stage to Plumlec next year ends with a 2km climb according to Monsieur Prudhomme."

The Tour finished a stage in Plumlec in '97, I was there. Yes it is a 2km climb at the end onto a plateau but It can't of been that hard cos Zabel won but Chippo got dropped.[/quote]