Jailed dangerous driver keeps job as headmaster.

psychiatricblues
psychiatricblues Posts: 832
edited July 2007 in Campaign
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6288690.stm

This is ridiculous. The man was driving at 120 mph on a single carriageway road. His Subura Impreza (covered in rally insignia) nearly killed the victim, and condemned him to life in a wheelchair, yet headteach denied dangerous driving.

Is a criminal who prioritises his "fun" above the lives and health of others a suitable person to teach children? I don't think so.

Cars don\'t kill people.
Motorists do.

Comments

• According to the news earlier on, it would seem that the local parents don't agree with you.
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    According to the news earlier on, it would seem that the local parents don't agree with you.

I'm not sure why the parent's views should have any bearing on his remaining as a head teacher. IMO such law-breaking and endangerment to other's lives should preclude him from teaching, otherwise it's do as I say, not as I do.

a serious case of small cogs
  • why shouldn't he? his job as a headmaster presumably doesn't involve much driving so it should have no impact.
  • rothbook
    rothbook Posts: 943
    banjo, don't clog this board up with your numb-nutted idiocy, half baked twaddle and irrelevant bum gravy. You look like a twat, you walk like a twat, you sound like a twat and you post twattish things like the above.

Take your trolling , dishonest posts, roll them up as tight as you can manage and stuff them up your moronic arse you gibbering childish twattish twattery freak.
  • rothbook
    If I were a parent at this school, I'd withdraw my child. Speeding drivers kill a lot more children than paedophiles do.
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    Good to see the `shake up` hasn`t caused you any loss of form Rothers (quite a lot seem to have been upset with the recent forced migration) :wink:
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • MartinL
    MartinL Posts: 102
    The road where the crash took place is less than two miles from my house. It is a winding uphill stretch of main A road with two lanes uphill and one down, separated by double white lines. The road surface is quite poor and in bad weather the road spray really reduces visibility dramatically. This stretch of road has seen many fatalities over the years, mostly car to car collisions. The weather conditions in the area were dreadful, torrential rain and mist.

Davies had been doing 120mph uphill before losing control! He refused to accept responsibility for his actions and lied throughout his entire trial. He has shown no remorse for the injuries he inflicted on Kelvin Palmer.

This is not the sort of person I would want teaching my child.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    rothbook wrote:
    banjo, don't clog this board up with your numb-nutted idiocy, half baked twaddle and irrelevant bum gravy. You look like a twat, you walk like a twat, you sound like a twat and you post twattish things like the above.

Take your trolling , dishonest posts, roll them up as tight as you can manage and stuff them up your moronic arse you gibbering childish twattish twattery freak.

I was a member of the old C+ site, and remember some of the sparring going on- PS and crones being a fave and just target.

BUT, please refrain from using such coarse language. Ther is no need for it to be used and its getting tiresome- Theres too much full stop on this site before anyone complains that I've singled out rothbook. :cry:
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • I think it totally unfair that you've singled out Rothbook.
    Anyway, this site (and indeed any forum site) needs a few flamers to keep the debates lively.
    Bikes are traffic.
  • Campaign
    Moderators: None

Right; go for it.
    Bikes are traffic.
  • ratty2k
    I think it totally unfair that you've singled out Rothbook.
    Anyway, this site (and indeed any forum site) needs a few flamers to keep the debates lively.

Lively debate- no problem. Slagging someone off and calling them all the names under the sun? No need.

And as for moderators, how about a bit of self moderation. No really hard is it? See, no swearing or abuse from me.......
    My Pics !

• rothbook
    Bonj repeatedly wastes space on this and many other topics. I have no respect for his opinion because he is unable to sustain a reasoned defence of his point of view. He evades, lies and concocts evidence out of thin air. He blames victims of fatal RTA's for their own deaths and constantly promotes speeding in crass, idiotic ways. I thought my attack on him was relatively restrained but if anyone was offended I apologise to them all.

Apart from that twat bonj.
  • rothbook wrote:

oh go and felch disabled wombats you irreverent mincing cock.
  • rothbook
    It's beyond belief that Davies pleaded not guilty!

120mph, in the wet, on a curve, not dangerous?
  • rothbook wrote:
    Bonj repeatedly wastes space on this and many other topics. I have no respect for his opinion because he is unable to sustain a reasoned defence of his point of view. He evades, lies and concocts evidence out of thin air. He blames victims of fatal RTA's for their own deaths and constantly promotes speeding in crass, idiotic ways. I thought my attack on him was relatively restrained but if anyone was offended I apologise to them all.
    I for one wasn't offended, which I presume was the sole intention - so you've actually done yourself no favours because now everyone thinks, sorry knows, that you're a lunatic.
  • Cab
    Cab Posts: 770
    Errm... I don't care whether he keeps his job or not. But if he pleaded not guilty, an irrevocable lifetime driving ban would seem appropriate. Get that man off our roads permanently.
  • ratty2k
    rothbook wrote:

Apart from that **** bonj.

Now I know some of the posts you refer to, and I dont always agree with everything people say, but disagreement does not give me the right to abuse someone.... and this goes out to formerlyknowas... as well and eveyone else who uses bad language.
    God this place is suffering enough with teething problems, without descending to the depths of personal attacks on people you dont know...

Mods are upset about the amount of flagged posts, which is why I havent flagged this one. Please refrain from using language like this on what is a family site.
    My Pics !

• rothbook
    But if he pleaded not guilty, an irrevocable lifetime driving ban would seem appropriate.

Mr Palmer, 49, was appalled by the decision to allow a convicted criminal to run a primary school.

He said: "It's alarming. A headmaster with a tag. It must be a first. It's appalling. I don't understand how such a thing can happen because we put these people up on a pedestal, as an example to the children.

"Clearly this chap has been found guilty in the court. He's been sentenced to jail and he's now going to be in front of kids. I really don't understand it."

The father of two wants the General Teaching Council to hold its own disciplinary hearing.

Davies had denied dangerous driving on the A456 in South Wales in May last year.

After he was convicted at Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court he was expected to lose his job as head of 200-pupil Cwmdare Primary School in Aberdare, South Wales.

But the school's disciplinary panel decided to keep the post open while Davies, of Cwmdare, served his sentence so he could return to the job.

A statement by Rhondda Cynon Taf Council and Alun Maddox, chairman of governors at the school, read: "The panel decided to allow Mr Davies to keep his post and he is expected to return after completing his sentence."
  • Oddballcp
    Oddballcp Posts: 197
    rothbook wrote:
    It's beyond belief that Davies pleaded not guilty!

120mph, in the wet, on a curve, not dangerous?

It's beyond belief that he was found guilty and given such a light sentance.
    Actually it isn't, but it should be.
    Friends all tried to warn me but I held my head up high...
  • Regulator
    Regulator Posts: 417
    edited July 2007
    The good news is that, with a criminal conviction, he will automatically be reported to the General Teaching Council for Wales, the statutory regulatory body for teachers in Wales. The GTCW will be able to consider whether or not his conviction renders him unsuitable to continue as a registered teacher, under their 'good character' provisions. If they decide against him, he could be banned from teaching and therefore would then lose his job as head teacher (it would be an offence for the school governors to keep him on if he is not registered).

Even better news - anyone can report a teacher to the GTCW. There is nothing to stop anyone who is upset by this mans conviction reporting him and the more times he is reported, the more likely it is that he will be dealt with. For more information see the GTCW website.

I think I shall be writing to the GTCW this evening..... :evil: - who'll join me? Lets use the systems that are there to make sure that such idiot drivers are really made to realise the enormity of their stupidity.

*Amended to edit reference to GTCE to the GTCW (General Teaching Council for Wales)*
    Regulator Posts: 417
    one problem with that - he's not in england, he's in wales.

Doh!!!! OK - I'll write to the GTCW - the rules are the same.

Does that mean the drivers' relatives perhaps?
  • Patrick Stevens
    Patrick Stevens Posts: 13,398
    rothbook wrote:
    banjo, don't clog this board up with your numb-nutted idiocy, half baked twaddle and irrelevant bum gravy. You look like a fool, you walk like a fool, you sound like a fool and you post foolish things like the above.

Take your trolling , dishonest posts, roll them up as tight as you can manage and stuff them up your moronic ars* you gibbering childish foolish foolery freak.

Pretty poor invective compared with some of the routine stuff from the MTBers. They've likened the Future management to Pol Pot and the Holocaust. Goodness knows what they'd make of bonj. :D
  • ratty2k
    I fully agree with you there!Some of the comments are unbelievable :shock:

But please dont lump all us MTB'rs together with a small very vocal minority, some of us are good guys you know! I ride the black stuff as well, but like the isoloation I can get with the MTB, where with the roadie I tend to stay nearer civilisation, although reading through this forum and the others I wonder just how civilised we are! :?
    My Pics !

• Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    Don't be so stupid. He is a safe and experienced driver carefully judging a safe and experienced speed for the conditions. He has a top rally car (see his badges?) so he is morally justified in driving faster than anyone else.
    It is the road that is clearly dangerous, and if he kills someone it is probably because they were drunk, or their mother hadn't taught them how to cross the road properly, or...
    Anyway, he had to plead guilty because his human rights had been infringed by not allowing him time to trawl the local obituaries for someone to re-register his car to, nor to ring various friends abroad to get them to say they were driving.
    A total miscarriage of justice.

And I have to add--what an evil report! It mentioned his SPEED!!!
    YOU ALL HAVE BLODD ON YOUR HANDS!!!!!

(etc etc etc ad nauseam)
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    YOU ALL HAVE BLODD ON YOUR HANDS!!!!!
    Nope. Just you and the other core Cycling Plus trolls who rank the persecution of motorists above saving lives.

DESPICABLE.

BLOOD ON HANDS.

KILLERS.

STOP IT.

NOW.

OR ELSE.

--
    Paul Smith
    Qualified Road Safety Expert
    Peer-Reviewed White Papers: http://www.safespeed.org.uk
    "A speed camera at the roadside is statistically more dangerous than a loaded gun"
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    George! I missed you!
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    Any relation to you Paul? (from the Lincolnshire Echo)

LYING CAR OWNER SPARED JAIL

08:00 - 14 July 2007

A Businessman who lied to police when his car was caught by speed cameras on three separate occasions has been spared jail because of ill-health.

Anthony Eric Smith (66), of Blyton Grange, Laughton Road, Blyton, near Gainsborough, had been warned to expect a prison sentence when he was found guilty of perverting the course of justice after a trial last month.

But after hearing details of Smith's medical problems, Judge Michael Heath gave him a six-month custodial sentence, suspended for a year at Lincoln Crown Court yesterday.

Smith, who runs Blyton-based haulage firm Smith's Distribution Limited, must also pay almost £5,000 in costs and obey a night-time curfew, which requires him to wear an electronic tag for four months.

As previously reported in the Echo, Smith's £40,000 Jaguar XJ6 was clocked breaking the speed limit three times between July 2005 and February 2006, in Lincolnshire, Humberside and East Riding.

Smith was contacted by police as the registered keeper of the vehicle to identify the driver.

He blamed an old acquaintance, Boris Janet, a dark-haired Frenchman in his 30s, who he had once employed on work experience.

However, photographs from the speed cameras twice showed a woman at the wheel and once a grey-haired man.

A jury rejected his lies after a two-day trial last month and found him guilty of three counts of perverting the course of justice.

Article here (with pic) here :- http://tinyurl.com/2gl9td.
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • mick_cornick
    mick_cornick Posts: 175
    Bit confused about Paul Smith and chums why go on cycling forums if you don't cycle and don't like to hear pro-cycling opinions? :?:

I have no qualifications a bit like Paul Smith!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: