More kit and cycling clubs or finding riding buddy!

Spud123
Spud123 Posts: 22
edited July 2007 in Road beginners
Got about £100 to spend, need shoes, and shorts and pedals, what is most important. Also now I seem to be racing other road bikers on the roads I was wondering where is the best place to find people with similar interests (ie a club or buddy!)

Comments

• You can get shoe and pedal combo's for about £60, leaving £40 to spend on shorts. try Wiggle.co.uk. I would say shorts are most important.

As for joining a club, i'd say go for it. You'll always have someone to ride with/race against. try britishcycling.org.uk and use the club finder. Or ask in your local bike shop.
    Formerly known as Big T
  • I was looking for some clothing last night and came across a site called cycleclothing.co.uk
    They do some real bargains and even do bundles of kit to get you started - the gear looks ok but as i havent actually bought anything from them i couldnt vouch for its quality.

It might be worth a look though

Has anyone out there bought anything from this online store and can they vouch for it?
    my evil toad army will rule the world
  • justyn_c_uk
    justyn_c_uk Posts: 126
    Pearsons used to do shoe and pedal deals, I got Nike shoes with basic clipless pedals for £40.
    Please look at my handmade cycling cufflinks
  • ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    Yeah, Wiggle is a good bet, good prices, great delivery
    very much recommended :)
  • Spud123
    Spud123 Posts: 22
    Thanks, will buy off wiggle, does anyone here live near Stamford (Lincolnshire) and is part of a club that I could join or would like a cycling partner?
  • steveoath
    steveoath Posts: 34
    I wouldn't advise buying shoes over the internet. Always go in and try them on .

Steve
    Pedestals that are self made tend to crumble as the spotlight fades.