Crocs

JonBurns
JonBurns Posts: 212
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
Has anyone bought a pair of these strange shoes? They just look as though they're gonna make your feet sweat. Having said that I'm strangely drawn to them to take on holiday and generally bum around the house/garden in them.

...now where's the ruddy submit button gone....?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    they have been sweeping Sweden. But have been banned in a hospital due to the static build up.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • SJ
    SJ Posts: 2,871
    They are everywhere but they're a bit of a Marmite shoe (you either love 'em or hate 'em).
    I've tried them on but one size was too small and the next size was too big, not ideal but saved me the £30 I'd have spent so that's always a bonus!
    a dirtbag of the most delightful variety
  • exmachina
    exmachina Posts: 57
    Can't believe i am writing this..

I have a pair and they are damned comfortable and they don't really make your feet sweat. (it's in the 90's here at the moment)

They are also really easy to clean just chuck them in the shower

There are also cheaper pairs available and they seem to come out of the same molds and be made from the same material
  • cyclinggirl
    cyclinggirl Posts: 196
    I have a pair too, lovely and comfy to wear and don't make my feet sweat, best £30 I spent in a long time. :wink:
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    This time next year (or week :lol: ) you'll all be looking back and wondering what the hell you were thinking about :oops: :shock:
  • Elskippy
    Elskippy Posts: 35
    they are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!

shoes for cartoon characters.
  • Moose11
    Moose11 Posts: 235
    Had a pair for a while now and yep they are real comfy be it for around the house, out in the sun or wearing while walking in the lake out in Canada.

£30 though? Got mine for 10!!!
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I think they look a bit girly on blokes...
  • Tim Bennet
    Tim Bennet Posts: 1,143
    There's now plenty of copies of these things in the markets in both the UK and France for about a fiver. They do make good end of day camp shoes when cycle touring. There's plenty of grey ones around if you're not man enough to wear colours.
  • Andrew_B.
    Andrew_B. Posts: 49
    I must admit I have been considering a pair. The thing that puts me off is they seem to be a bit fashionable.

How many is too many bikes?
  • cyclinggirl
    cyclinggirl Posts: 196
    Andrew_B. wrote:
    I must admit I have been considering a pair. The thing that puts me off is they seem to be a bit fashionable.

Fashionable is good!!!
  • jimmythecuckoo
    Crocs.jpg

enough said!!!!!!11
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    not quite enough said - just one word to go...

rhymes with 'day'

• jimmythecuckoo
    Spray?
    Jay?
    Nay?
    Hay?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    mmm - nearly - keep trying..
  • DON'T DO IT! buy some birkenstocks instead much better and a greater sense of quality.
    dangerous jules.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    gkerr4 wrote:
    mmm - nearly - keep trying..

Play
    Pray

Merry!
  • Melpro
    Melpro Posts: 35
    I bought a couple of pairs of these last summer. They are really comfy - at the time I bought them because they were quite unique but now they are way too common and I don't wear them anymore.

Try Birkenstocks - you won't see everyone else in a pair! :wink:
  • Melpro wrote:
    I bought a couple of pairs of these last summer. They are really comfy - at the time I bought them because they were quite unique but now they are way too common and I don't wear them anymore.

Try Birkenstocks - you won't see everyone else in a pair! :wink:

You're not a scally by any chance are you??

Seriously, if cycling becomes really popular are you going to stop that too?? :D
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    My gf and sis both have 2 pairs. To be honest I think they look a bit (please don't shoot the sexist....) girly.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    They are fine on girls I think. Just not really on boys.
  • ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    ive just ordered myself some yellow ones!! haha
    the saunier duval guys had em in london, one of the soigneurs said they were comfy so i invested!
  • jimmythecuckoo
    Wasn't Samuel Sanchez pictured in one of the cycling monthlies a while back wearing some orange ones to match his Euskatel tracksuit?

That made the decision for me!
  • But they don't make them with cleats yet do they?
  • Melpro
    Melpro Posts: 35
    Posted: 12 Jul 2007 12:20 Post subject:

Melpro wrote:

Try Birkenstocks - you won't see everyone else in a pair!

Seriously, if cycling becomes really popular are you going to stop that too??

Firstly I don't even know what a 'scally' is and secondly aren't people allowed to be original in their choice of footwear?

Would you wear a Burberry cap to a football match? :shock:

[/quote]
  • ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    they are comfy, cant wait to get mine in saunier duval colours!
  • Melpro wrote:
    Posted: 12 Jul 2007 12:20 Post subject:

Melpro wrote:

Try Birkenstocks - you won't see everyone else in a pair!

Seriously, if cycling becomes really popular are you going to stop that too??

Firstly I don't even know what a 'scally' is and secondly aren't people allowed to be original in their choice of footwear?

Would you wear a Burberry cap to a football match? :shock:

[/quote]

I put a smiley in was meant to be lighthearted! A scally is a scouse term for a queen of the labels.

As for Burberry, well if it featured in the shrewsbury town home strip, then yep. Wearing decent suit and shirt and tie for work is as much impression making i want to do, and quite frankly I can't be arsed to make the effort in my own time, which probably shows!