NE Lot - Kielder

BillyBull
BillyBull Posts: 8
edited July 2007 in MTB rides
I know there are plans to go to Wales. But if these don't come off is anyone interested in a weekend or night in Kielder. The Launch of the new trails is on Monday 23rd with the media etc. so they are looking for people to be out using it to generate the right image. And I do know of some cabins that are free that weekend. They work on a minimum of 10 people a night at £15 a head. If there were a possy it would be cheap. If not that weekend then maybe some other Saturday and we could pop over on an epic to Newcastleton. Also if we were to butter Robin up we could get the canoes out for about £40 right next to the cabins. He's got the qualifications to get them to give us the keys. Just a thought as I waste tax payers money at my desk.

Comments

• Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    Sounds like a plan for the future.... I'm already fully booked for that weekend but some of the others may be around. A weekend in August may be a possibility. Keep me posted.
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • nodrog2
    nodrog2 Posts: 3,125
    Sounds like a plan Billy, maybe not next weekend but certainly some other time. Still fancy going up on the monday though for the trail opening if you fancy?
  • BillyBull
    Yes I am up for that. I will check with my lass as her son is away that week. Would Cazdevil take her out on girl friendly ride while we are out?
  • Bunnyman 5.5
    Bunnyman 5.5 Posts: 133
    I'd love to head down this way some time when I get my new steed....counting the days....
    "With just a little luck
    A little cold blue steel
    I'll cut the night like a razor blade
    Till I feel the way I wanna feel"
    [Cheap Trick]
  • nodrog2
    More than welcome to join us anytime bunny man, keep an eye out for posts as to when we are next out at kielder.
  • Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 7,237
    Shame we couldn't have got enough people together, that sounds like great fun!

How come your missus needs to go on a separate ride to you then Dave?...
  • BillyBull
    Because she's crap!!!
  • Cazzdevil
    Aah I see, so because I am too then I get to go with her while you road runners speed off on your own? :P
  • Cazzdevil
    BTW - did you get Gordons private message?
  • BillyBull
    I did but the link didn't show up.

Just thought you could maybe bring her on in a testorone free environment while me and Gordon pose for the camera.

Actually the Monday will be the culmination of three days on the bike for her. I know your plans are to go to Wales that weekend, but if they fall through you are more than welcome. I am going to run the mountain bike skills course at Glentress for her. Will be going through track stands, manuals, drops, berms, rear wheel lifts etc. Hope to move on to SPD's by Sunday for a bit. If you don't get away that weekend come along and join the class. Or come along saturday, finish early afternoon and head back fro Gordon to head off for the Wales ride. Hopefull the end result will be her going through the first section of Spooky woods with confidence.
  • nodrog2
    Ooh... Gordon's off on the Saturday... I could be seriously tempted to take you up on the offer Dave, it's something I desperately need...

It's Carrie by the way :wink: