police helicopter to catch road rules breaking cyclists

wpdoolan
wpdoolan Posts: 185
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
This is unbelievable what a waste of money
pity they wouldnt put the resources into catching drink drivers rather then targeting cyclists following one tragic accident

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 90027.html

Comments

• What can I say? Complete waste yeah...

Kinda supprised they dont do that with Critical Mass in this country, which I regularly attend.
    quote "Whyamihere"
    You're one freaky fucking bastard Phil.
  • Lbaguley
    Lbaguley Posts: 161
    Where and what time does CM meet?

I haven't yet joined one, but think I may join the next one. Sounds like it might be quite good fun and a slightly more healthy alternative to my usual friday night...

ta
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    Lbaguley wrote:
    Where and what time does CM meet?

I haven't yet joined one, but think I may join the next one. Sounds like it might be quite good fun and a slightly more healthy alternative to my usual friday night...

ta

http://www.critical-mass.org/

Lists all the routes
  • Lbaguley
    Lbaguley Posts: 161
    Sorry for being a little off-topic and thanks for the reply Jibi. Knew there were several CM rides, but had no idea quite how many!
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Err, Glasgow had a regular helicopter watching over it's CM for a few months last year...
    Surprised it hasn't happened in other cities when we had a helicopter & three police cyclist for 50-60 riders...
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Lbaguley wrote:
    Sounds like it might be quite good fun and a slightly more healthy alternative to my usual friday night...

I wouldn't count on it - the London one certainly tends to end up at a pub.
  • baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    What makes matter worse (on the whole Police v HellRiders thing) is the local TV media have picked up on it and have been interviewing residents etc. All the cyclists are being tarred with the brush of a few morons. (Although I thought the guy calling us "Lycra Lunatics" was pretty funny!

At least the Bicycle Victoria president was quoted in the article...
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    Ride within the law then, and all will be fine....