A mototorist saying sorry...!!!

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it this morning with my own eyes...

I was heading along the old A1 towards Conington (south of Peterborough) when a car pulled out to overtake a line of other cars heading towards me.

As he cut back in at the last moment he held his hand up and shouted
sorry mate

I was stunned and had to stop for a rest

Comments

• penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    Must have been another cyclist :wink:
  • extreme__dude
    extreme__dude Posts: 1,077
    nah - i hate cyclists when i'm driving. bunch of cunts the lot of em! especially roadies riding across the whole damn road or in a damn long line so theres no chance of over taking the lot of em without penetrating them with my bonnet! theyre soon learning to get out of my damn way!
    <center>pinkbike</center>
  • Aidocp
    Aidocp Posts: 868
    Ive had it from motorists before, it diffuses the whole situation for me, after all we all make mistakes and at least they've admitted it. However those who deliberately ignore me or are just blind really annoy me :evil:
  • penugent
    nah - i hate cyclists when i'm driving. bunch of ***** the lot of em! especially roadies !

Oh dear it's a Mountain-biker. I wonder if he has progressed from riding on grass and footpaths yet?? :wink:
  • extreme__dude
    tell me that when you find a bunch of 20 or 30 plus amature rodies cycling about 10-20MPH down a country road which is about 6 miles long, and mostly up-hill with very few straight bits long enough to over take the lot you dont want to get out and kick them!

and as for the progressing to the tar-mac, granted i'm an un-fit bastards, but shave my legs, take some steroids and shove a seat post up my arse and i'm sure i can ride on a smooth black surface as well as anyone. :wink:

theres a lot of skill involved in mountain biking believe it or not

[/rant]

NOTE: this rant isnt supposed to meke me sound like a dick, but reading through it again i do come across as one! :roll:
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    yes, you do rather :wink::lol:
  • extreme__dude
    well, i guess i can be at times, but there we go. i try my best
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    penugent wrote:

Oh dear it's a Mountain-biker. I wonder if he has progressed from riding on grass and footpaths yet?? :wink:

Ah! So this is that unique brand of humour found on C+ that us MBUK mods have to get the hang of?
  • penugent
    It's better than the vitriol (do you own a dictionary?) that has gushed forth above and for which there is simply no need whatsoever.

FWIW I own and ride a mountain bike as well as my road bikes. I fully appreciate the fun and skill involved in mountain biking. Indeed, last December I had to bunny hop over a 2' hole onto very loose gravel to swerve out of the path of a motorist who tried to run me off the road - I was glad I had spent a couple of years in the local forests before I decided to hit the roads as without the skills learned I'm sure I would have ended up in a heap rather than just having brown shorts!!

Still if you want to be a DH why should I worry - all you do is entrench an established view :(
  • tell me that when you find a bunch of 20 or 30 plus amature rodies cycling about 10-20MPH down a country road which is about 6 miles long, and mostly up-hill with very few straight bits long enough to over take the lot you dont want to get out and kick them!

and as for the progressing to the tar-mac, granted i'm an un-fit bastards, but shave my legs, take some steroids and shove a seat post up my arse and i'm sure i can ride on a smooth black surface as well as anyone. :wink:

theres a lot of skill involved in mountain biking believe it or not

[/rant]

NOTE: this rant isnt supposed to meke me sound like a dick, but reading through it again i do come across as one! :roll:

I take it your about 13 years old aswell....surely.
  • Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    you're*

as well*
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    penugent wrote:
    It's better than the vitriol (do you own a dictionary?) that has gushed forth above and for which there is simply no need whatsoever.
    No, there is no need for it, I agree.
    But is there any need to reply to it?
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    nah - i hate cyclists when i'm driving. bunch of ***** the lot of em! especially roadies riding across the whole damn road or in a damn long line so theres no chance of over taking the lot of em without penetrating them with my bonnet! theyre soon learning to get out of my damn way!

...it doesn't sound as if you are old enough to drive. Are you just repeating what your dad says as you are strapped into your booster seat on the back seat?
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Red Lemon wrote:
    you're*

as well*

and your point is exactly? Likewise I've left the smiley face out too....
  • Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    I have OCD. I can't help it.
  • penugent
    Red Lemon wrote:

I take it you are also ex C+ - that forum was full of grammar police :lol:
  • Regulator
    Regulator Posts: 417
    Red Lemon wrote:

I have OED*... :D

*OED = Oxford English Dictionary for the less literate amongst the mountain bikers... :twisted: