Yorkshire Dales

norfolkguy
norfolkguy Posts: 114
edited July 2007 in Routes
Hi, I'm going to the Yorkshire Dales in August and wondered if anyone can recommend some good rides. Either natural old school bridleways (my favourite) or man made trails. I'll be based in Kettlewell but will have a car and can move to different start points - even over to the North York Moores if theres good riding there too. Look forward to hearing from you.

PS Took me ages to sus this out as I was trying to post/reply to posts on the old site!

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Hyou can get some routes from here
    http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/
    all the routes featured are in Yorkshire Dales MTBing by V-Graphics here
    www.v-graphics.co.uk
    Hope this helps!I can recommend The Reeth the edge ride its a classic!!My parents live near Hawes in Wensleydale,some cracking rides there.Let me know if you require any more info
  • norfolkguy
    Thanks. I'll give them a look.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Thers also this
    http://www.mtbsharp.co.uk/index.html
    but you need memory map or tracklogs to open the routes.Also Harveys maps do four waterproof 1:40,000 Yorkshire Dales maps and each one has bridleways/cycle paths graded and highlighted blue/red/black to help you determin a suitable route if you like doing it the old fashioned way.
  • hi' i think you will find there is plenty riding to do round here in the dales, without going over north york moors.
    not sure what you mean by old school b/w's
    there is 2 routes directly out of k/well, which more or less go straight off road. if you want any other imfo! e-mail me
    ride the high country
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    i like biking around rosedale and cropton when i can get up there but maybe a bit far from kettlewell.
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness
  • norfolkguy
    Many thanks for replies folks!