Good rides in the coventry area??

rkay87
rkay87 Posts: 3
edited December 2009 in Routes
Does anyone know of any rides in the coventry area??
not to taxing ones at first cause recovering from a bad knee injury and just got a new bike after mine was stolen. need to build up to some proper trails again

cheers for any help

Comments

• BeaconJon
    BeaconJon Posts: 294
    Hi, I'm over in Rugby and to be honest I haven't found a lot round here. One thing there is though is a few old railway lines which, whilst not vey demanding, do provide some quiet miles.

There's a couple over Southam way (the old cement works line). Grab an ordinance survey map, they're marked on there.

If you get on at Rugby you can ride it all the way to Leamington Spa. Some of it's all done up nice and some is left to the elemants (they're the best bits).
  • Cheys03
    Cheys03 Posts: 60
    "Best bits" ! ...yup!

One particularly wet weekend I managed to go axel-deep into the mud!! :shock:
  • BeesMark
    BeesMark Posts: 25
    Cheys03 wrote:
    "Best bits" ! ...yup!

One particularly wet weekend I managed to go axel-deep into the mud!! :shock:

It's even better when you get so much cack around your mech that you can't change gear.....Good times :lol:
  • I know this is an old thread but i'm guessing the disused railway line is still there :D

what is the trail like, is it good as a mtb trail or just a muddy track?
    On One Inbred 456
    On One Inbred SS
  • stumpym4
    stumpym4 Posts: 216
    You need to get in touch with these lads .. based in coventry ...... speak to martin... hes head honcho ....
    join the forum and introduce your self and turn up one wednesday night for a blast
    I`m not local to them , but know them well

http://www.godivatrailriders.org/

Stumpy
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    On One 853 single speed
    Pinnacle Arkose 2 - cross bike
    Pinnacle Ramin 3 plus - Bike packing bike
    Cube attain GTC Pro road bike - more relaxed road bike
    Giant scr1 road bike