Recommended Trip computers

exmachina
exmachina Posts: 57
edited July 2007 in Workshop
I currently have a decathlon DC7R and i want to upgrade to something that will allow me to display cadence .

Has anyone got any recomendations??

Comments

• penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    I use the Cat Eye CD300DW on one of my bikes. Apart from the fiddly reset method I like the fact that you get time, distance, speed and cadence all on the one screen.

I use the Shimano Flightdeck on another of my bikes, this too has cadence but you have to flick about to read time distance and cadence.

The much cheaper Astrale-8 also has cadence and is a much lauded computer.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i recommend the blackburn delphi 4.0. huge screen and can do a hell of alot!
    http://www.delphicyclometers.com/
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    I've just taken delivery of a shiny new GPS enabled Garmin Edge 305. Wasn't cheap at ??170 inc. vat & del. but you can use it to plot courses and then follow them meaning no need for a map.
    ________
    Wiki vaporizer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    The Polar CS200CAD is working nice for me
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    I have a Garmin Edgee and a Polar CS200CAD and they are both great. But they are not cheap and do do alot of extras that you have not asked for.

The Blackburn Delphi Range (from £20 odd quid at Ribble) - it is a great cycle computer for the money. And, it also looks very smart indeed.

I would go for the Blackburn...
    Rich
  • exmachina
    Thnaks guys loads for me to think about...

I would of replied sooner but I got engrossed in RichA's Etape blog.. good luck with that.

I've set myself the challange of doing a T deF stage before My 50th birthday (5 years)

Hmmm maybe todays prologue!... :-)
  • penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    exmachina wrote:

Hmmm maybe todays prologue!... :-)
    ===================================================================

Oi "exmachina" NO!!!!

Has to be a 'real' stage of the 'actual' Tour - prologue doesn't count :wink:
  • exmachina
    penugent wrote:

Oi "exmachina" NO!!!!

Has to be a 'real' stage of the 'actual' Tour - prologue doesn't count :wink:

LOl.. No i was thinking of real stage with big catagory climbs..