Knees don't bend backwards ...

Rhythm Thief
Rhythm Thief Posts: 2,787
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
I injured myself at work tonight. Doing up the buckles on the side of a trailer, I lost my balance and landed awkwardly on my back foot, as it were. I think I've torn a muscle or a ligament or something in my calf. I managed to hobble around for the rest of my shift, but I'm not going in tomorrow. The problem is, I can only just walk never mind ride, so I'm going to be stuck in all day and will need cheering up. Or at least a bit of sympathy, cos I got bugger - all off my girlfriend; she told me it was my own fault for not exercising enough. :cry:

Comments

• Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    Oh, poor you. Seems a bit harsh - surely even an athlete might lose their balance...

Anyway, hope it mends soon. Have some cake... :D
    If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
  • Here you are:

sym·pa·thy /ˈsɪmpəθi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sim-puh-thee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -thies, adjective
    –noun
    1. harmony of or agreement in feeling, as between persons or on the part of one person with respect to another.
    2. the harmony of feeling naturally existing between persons of like tastes or opinion or of congenial dispositions.
    3. the fact or power of sharing the feelings of another, esp. in sorrow or trouble; fellow feeling, compassion, or commiseration.

Feeling better? :wink::)
    Ride On ...
  • Rhythm Thief
    Rhythm Thief Posts: 2,787
    Aye, cheers dessertwarrior. :evil: :wink:
    I always say "if you're looking for sympathy, you'll find it in the dictionary between sh1t and syphillis." :)
  • Kestevan
    Kestevan Posts: 8
    Sympathy.....

Found Somewhere in the dictionary between Shit and Syphilis.......

:)

Only Joking - hope you're back in the saddle soon
    Why is it uphill BOTH ways?
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    It wouldn't be anything to do with it bein Grand Prix weekend would it? :wink:
  • I injured myself at work tonight. Doing up the buckles on the side of a trailer, I lost my balance and landed awkwardly on my back foot, as it were. I think I've torn a muscle or a ligament or something in my calf. I managed to hobble around for the rest of my shift, but I'm not going in tomorrow. The problem is, I can only just walk never mind ride, so I'm going to be stuck in all day and will need cheering up. Or at least a bit of sympathy, cos I got bugger - all off my girlfriend; she told me it was my own fault for not exercising enough. :cry:

Bad luck. I know what it's like having recently had time off due to a shoulder injury. Whatever you do, don't overdo things until you are ready, muscles can take a long time to heal if abused !! If it goes on for more than a couple of weeks, get yourself a good physio. Worth their weight in gold.

Meanwhile why not use the time off to good effect by giving your bike a thorough clean, overhaul, shock service, etc etc as appropriate ? And get a new girlfriend.

Marv
    What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.