Anyone entered cyclingnews fantasy tour team thingy?

Noodley
Noodley Posts: 1,725
edited July 2007 in Pro race
I was having a browse and found cyclingnews are doing a fantasy tour team game. Anyone here enetered it before and is it any good? I notice it costs to play and being a tightwad I do not want to pay cash. Are there free alternatives?

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I entered the game for the Spring Classics and the Giro. First thing you have to remember is that the game is effectively global - typically 800-1000 entrants for the bigger races. Secondly, and more importantly, there are some very clever tacticians playing.The amount of points some of them rack up is astonishing.
    For the Tours, you have to select a squad of around 15 or 16 riders and then nominate riders on your squad for the various classifications as well as nominating riders for each stage. It all got a bit too much like hard work for me during the Giro so I'll give the TdF a miss.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    cheers langerdan. I had a look at the format and it does seem a bit complicated. I entered a free to play Giro game which involved picking 9 riders and it was good, mostly as it was not too complicated. I think I'll give the cycingnews one a miss and stick with PTP as I don't have the time to be faffing about to the extent of caring that much about it.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Try the game on this site

http://ifarm.nl/tdf/

When you pick your team, concentrate more on the green jersey than on the yellow, but don't go exclusively green.