Has anyone seen any TdF cyclists in London?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2007 in Pro race
Wanted to know with the prologue only a coupl of days away now, if anyone has any tales of seeing any famous cyclists in around London, either on or off their bikes???

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,517
    No cyclists spotted but I did see a Barloworld team car heading down Blackfriars Road just after 2 pm.
  • farrell
    farrell Posts: 1,323
    I wonder if they would risk riding around London with Psycho cabbies and WVM around.
  • Ashtrayhead
    Ashtrayhead Posts: 963
    I saw the entire QuickStep team plus team car in Bexleyheath about midday today.

\'Don\'t Walk, Don\'t Smoke, Don\'t Drink\', Don\'t Think\'

'I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f****n' mouth'
    Bill Hicks
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I saw the entire QuickStep team plus team car in Bexleyheath about midday today.

I can't quite believe it - They were on my doorstep (I live in Welling) Must be staying in the Holiday Inn or something?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Ashtrayhead
    Ashtrayhead Posts: 963
    They were heading up Church Road and turned right into Belvdere Road going towards Belvedere, which is my route home from work (a bit slower though!!).

\'Don\'t Walk, Don\'t Smoke, Don\'t Drink\', Don\'t Think\'

'I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f****n' mouth'
    Bill Hicks
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    They were heading up Church Road and turned right into Belvdere Road going towards Belvedere, which is my route home from work (a bit slower though!!).

8)

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of pace they go up Bostall Hill at on Sunday. Probably won't even slow down.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Wittgenstein
    Wittgenstein Posts: 158
    a pretty tasty 2nd cat tried to follow the Caisse d'Epargne team up box hill this pm and got dropped on the 2nd hair pin. :o

Apparently most of the teams have been training all over Surrey today. :)
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    A 2nd cat trying to follow a pro team? I hope he had a pair of binoculars! :lol:
  • Chris42
    Chris42 Posts: 809
    working in Dover i have seen almost every team bus come off the ferries along with most of the caravans and team cars!
    no riders as yet!
    delete me from this crap forum
  • andyppro wrote:
    No cyclists spotted but I did see a Barloworld team car heading down Blackfriars Road just after 2 pm.

I think they were doing something with a channel 4 news journalist as I saw a bit on their news with an aforementioned Barloworld rider.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    That shot of the Credit Agricole team rolling through a typical London suburb is a classic.

I mean this one:
    http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~vulpe ... 01243s.jpg

It deserves better circulation – email it to the Beeb.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    some great photos nick.

keep the pics coming everyone - I am not going to be there :cry: (I decided to buy a new bike and forego my Tour "fix" this year - so no London, Mountains or Paris) but pics and some more pics and some more again would be good :)
  • Nick H.
    Nick H. Posts: 15
    I found the pics at the weightweenies forum here

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... hp?t=32329

Have a look - there are some brilliant new ones of CSC there now.

It's a very useful place for serious discussion of pukka racing kit, lots of the members are proper racers too, inc. a member of T- Mobile. But it's heavily moderated and you're not allowed to gossip or talk about doping or anything not relevant to ultralight components