Kids bikes

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,027
Is this section specificaly for kids, or questions like "where can I buy my spoilt son a kona stinky J"?

If its the latter, fire away with some answers please :wink:
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• whitetux
    whitetux Posts: 156
    IF YOU BUY YOUR SON A FLAMIN KONA STINKY JUNIOR YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF IF YOU WANT YOUR SON TO BE A GOOD MTB OF ANYSORT GET HIM A HARDTAIL, EVEN IF HE ALREADY HAS ONE, IF HE IS AT THAT AGE WHERE A STINKY JUNIOR FITS HIM, THEN A HARDTAIL WOULD BE A BEST SUITED BIKE BECAUSE THEY ARE LIGHTER AND REQUIRE LESS MAINTENANCE.
    http://ChristoGallagher.co.uk
    Supported by: FliDistribution.co.uk Solidbikes.de Oneal 2pure.co.uk Helitape.co.uk Scott MacPherson Photography Crank Brothers Pedros Clif Bar Lizard Skins Gamut USA Mtb-Essentials.co.uk
  • indeed, if you buy him a stinky J-R then you either have a hell of a lot more money than sense, or he is actually the next big thing (which, no offence, i seriously doubt)
    i would get him a kona Stuff 2-4, if he is actually into that sort of stuff, or one of the other more XC kona kids bikes
    when i was 9 i got a Kona NuNu. 14" frame, full size wheels. and it was awesome. unfortunatley they dont make them any more, i think the equivelent is between a Blast and a Cindercone
    trailstar2 (custom)
    cindercone
    nimbus 24" trilas uni (coz i is cool)
  • caw35slr
    caw35slr Posts: 439
    Buy yourself a top-quality British kids bike from Islabikes: http://www.islabikes.co.uk

I bought my daughter a Beinn 26 - it's an absolute jewel - so I'll be buying my little one a Beinn 24 as she's growing out of her (very poor indeed) Raleigh 20-incher. Superb componentry, a sound design philosophy, top quality finishing, mountain, road and cross bikes, the lot.

Oh yes, and a chunky ally alternative to those overpriced plywood push-alongs.

I only wish I'd discovered them earlier and, no, I do not work for Islabikes.