100km GridIron

zummerzet_lou
zummerzet_lou Posts: 232
edited September 2007 in Sportives/audaxes/training rides
anyone planning on doing this ride?
http://www.wessexctc.org/grdetail.htm

It's on the 7th October in the New Forest .... have just completed the 60 mile Dorset Macmillan bike ride, and was thinking that this might be my next goal.

Lou
Zummerzet Lou

Cycle shorts have magic powers that make a big bum look HUGE!!

Comments

• SeamusD
    SeamusD Posts: 30
    Hmm. Yes I've put it in my diary - thanks. But then I 'planned' to do it last year and the year before that. Other things just seemed to get in the way. :?
  • BigAndyH
    BigAndyH Posts: 35
    Did this for the first time last year - very enjoyable ride and well orgainsed. Will be doing it again this year, family committments permitting.

Seemed to attract a wider spectrum than the usual CTC/Audax event. Lots of club riders in team strip treating it as race training at one end of the scale, to the relatively inexperienced on hybrids and mountain bikes for whom it was going to be their longest ride ever. Recommended.
    Andy in Bournemouth
  • I've just emigrated from the Isle of Wight and now have a cottage in the New Forest, so the chances of doing the Gridiron have increased by several thousand percent from a "that would be a nice idea" sort of level to a "yes unless I have a very good reason to be somewhere else". Cottage is nice but it does seem a bit flat everywhere!