Pictures in posts

cisamcgu
cisamcgu Posts: 251
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
It is all very well having the ability to add pictures and stuff - but if the pictures are of semi-nude ladies and gentleman, then it just about destroys any hope I have of accessing this forum at work - it is not that work would block it, but it looks decidely "dubious" to anyone passing my desk. And since I don't have a computer at home very often, I guess it may well be goodbye. I know I posted on C+ only rarely, but I did lurk a good deal and enjoyed Cake-Stop immensly.

Anyway hopefully the content of the pictures can be moderated somwhat. (And the font size increased - my eyes are not up to this)

Bye for now

Andrew
Some people are just like a "Slinky" .. Not really much point to them, but kind of fun to push down stairs

Comments

• fozzybear
    fozzybear Posts: 17,082
    cisamcgu wrote:
    It is all very well having the ability to add pictures and stuff - but if the pictures are of semi-nude ladies and gentleman, then it just about destroys any hope I have of accessing this forum at work - it is not that work would block it, but it looks decidely "dubious" to anyone passing my desk. And since I don't have a computer at home very often, I guess it may well be goodbye. I know I posted on C+ only rarely, but I did lurk a good deal and enjoyed Cake-Stop immensly.

Anyway hopefully the content of the pictures can be moderated somwhat. (And the font size increased - my eyes are not up to this)

Bye for now

Andrew

flag any you see and i will removed them asap..

with such a big forum list i can't watch everything..
    thx (i'm trying) :)
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    When the other mods get re-instated I'm sure they will do it too.
  • cisamcgu
    OK, I will do so

Thanks for the speedy reply

Andrew
    Some people are just like a "Slinky" .. Not really much point to them, but kind of fun to push down stairs
  • Mosschops2
    Mosschops2 Posts: 1,774
    I agree with you cismagu - threads on lycra shorts etc - you know what you're getting, not really wanting ANY nudity on the general threads personally.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for nudity in general!!!! Just not a) all over a cycling forum or b) at work.

Thanks to the mods, I see the backside in question has been removed!! I hope the former backside poster understands!!!
    baby elephants? Any baby elephants here?? Helloo-ooo
  • fozzybear
    i removed it, i will remove stuff like that if i see it 8)
  • MrKawamura
    MrKawamura Posts: 192
    I've seen a couple of complaints about the font size. Your web browser will have a setting to increase the font size. If you want to make life easy, get a Mac - the Safari Web Browser has the font size button right on the browser window (maybe IE does too?). Failing that, change your monitor resolution settings. The lower the resolution, the bigger stuff will appear - it's easy to change it back again.
  • Fnaar
    Fnaar Posts: 1,985
    fozzybear wrote:
    Fozzy...you get paid to surf the forums....gizza job, go on, I can do that, me...go on, gizzit.... :D
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Fnaar wrote:
    fozzybear wrote:
    Fozzy...you get paid to surf the forums....gizza job, go on, I can do that, me...go on, gizzit.... :D

i wish.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • fozzybear
    Fnaar wrote:
    fozzybear wrote:

i wish i did, i manage a forum of 3000 users (monkeys with hammers) plus a company web presence and other stuff this if for "fun".... :evil:
  • Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    fozzybear wrote:

With respect though, just being there once could be bad enough. I don't want to have to see something I don't want to see, and then flag it. And flagging implies disapproval - I don't want to stop other people following a link to something, I just don't want to have to see it myself.

I'd rather have no pictures at all, just links.
    If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
  • fozzybear
    personally i agree.. links good images bad..

i did make the comment to admin.
  • cisamcgu
    Thanks for that Arch - You are right, even a single unrequested picture could land someone in a pickle at work. I mentioned it initially because I thought that perhaps the moderators would be able to police it, but of course they cannot be everywhere and read everything.

I'm with fozzybear - Links not pics !!!
  • mjones
    mjones Posts: 1,915
    cisamcgu wrote:
    Thanks for that Arch - You are right, even a single unrequested picture could land someone in a pickle at work. I mentioned it initially because I thought that perhaps the moderators would be able to police it, but of course they cannot be everywhere and read everything.

I'm with fozzybear - Links not pics !!!
    Hear hear!

This is a discussion forum, not MySpace. There are plenty of websites where people can place their pictures. Iif we want to see them we can choose to follow the link, not have them thrust in our faces, filling up the screen and making the discussion harder to follow.
  • Tw1zzle
    Tw1zzle Posts: 11
    cisamcgu wrote:

Bye for now

Andrew

Sorry about that I've removed mine :)
  • cisamcgu

Sorry about that I've removed mine :)

Thanks, but not everyone is going to be as considerate. The only way to address the problem is for the admins to ban pictures.

Andrew

Links not pics !!!