Where Are You Off To, VR or ACF?

stephec
stephec Posts: 795
edited July 2007 in Road beginners
Should you decide this forum isn't for you, where would you most likely emmigrate to, ACF or VR?

Or maybe somewhere completely different.

Comments

• Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    www.mlehworld.com or singletrack

i ride a mtb, and have no problem being combined with MBU-Kids or whatmtb. just not happy with been 'shoved' to the bottom of the page.
  • Jonathan Mcp
    Jonathan Mcp Posts: 2,472
    Potentially back to bike magic.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    STEPHEC wrote:
    Should you decide this forum isn't for you, where would you most likely emmigrate to, ACF or VR?

what is ACF and VR?
    I'm finding navigating around a bit more awkward but i'm sure will get used to it.
  • stephec
    popette wrote:
    STEPHEC wrote:

what is ACF and VR?
    I'm finding navigating around a bit more awkward but i'm sure will get used to it.

These are what they are young lady -

http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/portal.php

http://www.anothercyclingforum.com/index.php

I take it you are a lady with a name like that?

Shows how confusing all this is as well, I meant to post this in cakestop :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    ACF and VR :roll: - man, they are way worse than this place IMO.

The original post is too much of a knee jerk reaction
  • stephec
    penugent wrote:

I did say 'should you decide.'

I also go on VR as well, never had a problem.
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    Tried ACF and found the layout confusing as too many sections, worse than this one.
    I have pain!
  • penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    STEPHEC wrote:
    penugent wrote:

I did say 'should you decide.'

Apologies for any misunderstanding, although I wonder why you posed the question if you aren't a doubter in relation to this forum :wink:
  • Already a member of VR, but i found the old cycling+ forum much more interesting. All you get on VR is hasbeen or never were racer types.
    Formerly known as Big T
  • longers75
    longers75 Posts: 214
    ACF looks like a friendly place and there's a good Food and Drink section.

Sorry but I don't like this place at all compared to the C+ forum. I'm willing to see if it improves. Bloody awfull though. I remember getting told it was going to happen but I don't remember anybody being asked for any input as to how the new place might work. Even if it was only paying lipservice to it, I think it would have made quite a few people a bit happier about the move.
  • this forum is really starting to irritate now, with all the niggles that should have been sorted out before we were forced off the c+ site. i'm pretty sick of having to keep re setting the Bold setting on my century ride only to go back and have it surrounded by gibberish.
    getting to the higher numbered pages is also a drag. the tiny font size is hopless.i've looked at the veloriders, timetrailling and arbourwoodand acf,the only one left is BM but last time i was there it was overrunn with trolls.and idiots.
    if it isn't broken don't fix it. a good forum trashed ,well so far.
  • whiskywheels
    whiskywheels Posts: 628
    I'm staying here, 'cos it does me good to get used to new things. I used to be with ACF as well, but got irritated by the obsessional scrutiny and moving/changing threads etc. I've not come across any UK base forums ( sorry, fora, ahem ) than this one.