Kona Kona

zummerzet_lou
zummerzet_lou Posts: 232
edited July 2007 in Road beginners
Hubby has fallen in love with a 2005 Kona Kona
http://www.konabikes.co.uk/2k5bikes/2k5_kona.php

In our local Halfords they have one which has now been reduced to £370 but he's hoping as they've been trying to shift it for over a year they might accept an offer for cash.

Anyway .. are Kona's OK?

Does this sounds a reasonable purchase?

TIA,
Lou[/url]
Zummerzet Lou

Cycle shorts have magic powers that make a big bum look HUGE!!

Comments

• Peyote
    Peyote Posts: 2,189
    I'd swear I've already answered this question once!

This forum post transferal thing is creating big issues in the temporal-loop cortex of my brain...

Anyway, as I said last time, get the bike. It's a good price for a nicely specced machine!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Kona are very well renowned for their MTB's, but no as much for their roadbikes, but this is no bad thing, as it means there aren't many around, and you tend to get stonking deals like this.

With carbon forks, and the Sora/Tiagra groupset I would say it was a stonking deal.

Go get it now!

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • starseven
    starseven Posts: 112
    Daniel B wrote:
    Kona are very well renowned for their MTB's, but no as much for their roadbikes, but this is no bad thing, as it means there aren't many around, and you tend to get stonking deals like this.

With carbon forks, and the Sora/Tiagra groupset I would say it was a stonking deal.

Go get it now!

Dan

I have too and last time it was much funnier , anyway the bike looks great buy it.
  • A quick update ...

Here I was thinking that all the "Halfords is crap" was maybe a little exagerated. I take it all back ...

Went into Halfords with hubby and asked young chap if he could unlock the Kona such that he could sit on it and check the frame size. Poor lad tried keys after key and turns out they've mislaid the key for the lock.

On speaking to the "manager" he said he wouldn't cut the lock. Nor would they be willing to haggle at all over the price .. all we wanted was maybe a goodwill gesture of a bottle cage or something as aware that the rpice was pretty good. On re-inspecting the bike, was good but had several scratches and paint chips where it had been locked up etc.

So upshot is, their customer service really is cr@p and I don't think hubby was meant to buy this bike! to top it all, the chain has broken on his bike!

Lou
    Zummerzet Lou

Cycle shorts have magic powers that make a big bum look HUGE!!