huh?

fluff.
fluff. Posts: 771
edited July 2007 in Pro race
Where's this forum come from then, and why's it in the Road forums? And why does it exist?

Oh and my sig is broke /stab

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    its so i can ask questions like this:

where can i buy EPO from? i really want to drug myself up to the eyeballs so i can fly...

but we arent allowed to discuss illegal things here
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I thought it was where you could buy condoms online. :oops:
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I think maybe a mountain biker designed the forum and thought as all roadies are on drugs we'd want a section to talk about it - quite thoughtful really.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • wafflycat
    wafflycat Posts: 359
    I think maybe a mountain biker designed the forum and thought as all roadies are on drugs we'd want a section to talk about it - quite thoughtful really.

Oh yes, obviously whoever set up the forum thinks that roadies = drugs.
    Pathetic really :roll:
    ~~~~~
    Any problem can be solved by the application of duck tape,
    copious use of cable ties
    and the wearing of fluorescent yellow Lycra
    ~~~~~
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    I think it is from the ProCycling forum - IIRC it was set up so that Race section concentrated on racing and any doping discussions were kept in Pharmacy. It can get bloody annoying in Race sometimes when every second post has someone alleging a rider has doped.
  • Julspro
    Julspro Posts: 51
    Noodley, you're correct. This is from the Procycling forum and it was created to keep all the doping posts out of the other categories.
    We keep it clean and legal, but we keep it in it's own place. That way people don't have to read it if they don't want to, and it doesn't clutter up the other areas.

Hi everyone! Juls
    Caribbean Soul
  • wafflycat
    Noodley wrote:
    I think it is from the ProCycling forum - IIRC it was set up so that Race section concentrated on racing and any doping discussions were kept in Pharmacy. It can get bloody annoying in Race sometimes when every second post has someone alleging a rider has doped.

It's still a steaming pile of poo compared to the C+ forum layout. The look & layout of this is *not* growing on me. It's far less user-friendly than the C+ forum. Marks out of 10... 1 :(
    ~~~~~
    ~~~~~
  • wafflycat wrote:
    It's still a steaming pile of poo compared to the C+ forum layout. The look & layout of this is *not* growing on me. It's far less user-friendly than the C+ forum. Marks out of 10... 1 :(
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but you are in fact wrong. It is far superior software, it renders quotes much better and supports pictures.
  • snorri
    snorri Posts: 2,981
    Julspro wrote:
    That way people don't have to read it if they don't want to, and it doesn't clutter up the other areas.

Just why should it "clutter up" the Road section then :?:
    As an on road cyclist, I find it offensive that this section has been included in Road.
  • Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    i'm offended too, more by the fact half the professionals i admired in the 90's were on it :(
  • wafflycat
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but you are in fact wrong. It is far superior software, it renders quotes much better and supports pictures.

Bonj, bonj, the resident C+ petrolhead and excuse-maker for speeding drivers.. whilst having pics is useful, overall this forum format & layout is awful compared to the C+ forum it has replaced.
    ~~~~~
    ~~~~~
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    How can you have road racing and discussion about road racers on drugs in a different forum section - it doesn't make sense. If racers are doped then that belongs in the race section - it isn't cluttering it up it's an integral part of the discussion. eg Should discussion about Petacchi and his possible ban be here or in race ?

It's like the whole forum - far too many sub-sections that could be pushed together. I think race should be race - road racing, xc, downhill, time trial, drugs - it's all racing isn't it.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • wafflycat wrote:

Bonj, bonj, the resident C+ petrolhead and excuse-maker for speeding drivers.. whilst having pics is useful, overall this forum format & layout is awful compared to the C+ forum it has replaced.
    Nope. You're wrong there. It looks a lot better and is more modern in style.
    When the software is working properly that is, as it isn't at the moment.
  • bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    you cant win. In cycling plus people were complaining that all the drug posts were clogging up the racing, and now they want it back in racing... :? There are a lot of people who just want to read about racing, not the drugs. Although I would prefer it if it did incorporate all forms of racing, but judging by the reaction posters on cycling plus gave (dont want those scruffy mtb'rs rubbing shoulders with my new rapha jacket type comments) theyd be even more complaints.

Personally I love the new format, would never of though of going to mbuk for xc racing threads, and for people like me (who race xc, road & cyclo cross) this site is a dream come true, not having to visit 3 websites all the time (at work :oops: )... :D
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • Patrick Stevens
    Patrick Stevens Posts: 13,398
    Anyone from outside will assume that all aspects of cycling are so druggy that forums now have their own advice sections on what to take.
  • bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    outside..?? outside what...

Anyone with any knowledge of cycling knows what goes on, only now its got its own section if anyone doesnt want to read about doping they dont have too....

although there seems to be an awful lot of people reading the posts that dont want to read about doping... :?
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • DomT
    DomT Posts: 648
    Pharmacy Forum?!... someone has a sense of humor!

:D
  • snorri
    snorri Posts: 2,981
    How can you have road racing and discussion about road racers on drugs in a different forum section - it doesn't make sense.

My comment was based on my assumption that this is the Road section, I took it to be for cyclists who cycle mainly on the roads. There is a Race section in Road, which I assumed was for cyclists who Race on the road. :)
  • Julspro
    Julspro Posts: 51
    The pharmacy category is in the 'Road' section because in the Procycling.com forum - we only had a road section.
    It wasn't meant to be offensive at all. You can not deny there has been much press about doping and having a category dedicated to that topic made sense.

I will say this about the procycling forum - the topics were about cycling. All of them.
    Here is very different. It is hard to find a good thread about races, who you think will win, who will take the jerseys, etc. So, yes, it made sense to have Pharmacy it's own category.

I will also say the procycling forum was much more welcoming and friendly that what I am finding here. Way too much negativity for me. I tried to give it time, but this is ridiculous.
    So much for everyone being adults and chatting about the sport they love - hoping it isn't killing itself with, yes - doping.
    Caribbean Soul