Peaks, sun 8th ladybower -The beast

gary_fisher3
gary_fisher3 Posts: 3,466
edited July 2007 in MTB rides
Just copying this across.
hi guys
whos out sun meet 9 am fairholmes visitor centre 30k or so on my own no jah this week whos in?[url][/url]

Comments

• Sidey
    Sidey Posts: 183
    I really don't like it here, should still be o.k for sunday :)
  • gary_fisher3
    I'm not that keen either.
    Too many people. - I'm scared !

I'm afraid I wont be out this week. I'm still off the bike with a broken finger.
    k8tos fault :D
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 300
    Everything is K8to's fault.

I'm in London this weekend.
  • gary_fisher3
    I wasn't being serious about it being K8tos fault. :oops:

I am trying to get out on Saturday for a short ride; but I still can't make Sunday and i'm less than keen to go down the Beast again!

Enjoy the tour Trio.
  • trio25
    Looking forward to it.

I was serious about everything being K8to's fault.

Hadn't realised the forum had moved, wondered why I'd had no emails about new posts. In my own little trio world.

GF3 when is the legbreaker thing? Might try it if I'm free.
  • gary_fisher3
    July 22nd
    http://www.legbreaker.co.uk/

Get yourself entered. It's a really good ride.
  • daxion
    daxion Posts: 104
    Is this the classic loop + the beast, been meaning to get round to doing it.
    Never ridden it before, bt a friend told me it's a great ride especially if you include the beast

btw what's so hard about the beast?

Prob can't make this weekend, too short notice. At Wharney on Sat.
    Dave - Spin instructor
    I could'nt tell you if it's the classic route or not , I doubt it as we make it up as we go along :)
    the Beast is a section of trail that drops you down from the roman road to the Ladybower dam, it is rocky , twisty and normally wet . It's one of those places where you have just got to trust your bike and skill and go for it. :twisted: :mrgreen:
  • trio25
    The beast is a descent with big big rocks that come and get you, it is impossible to ride down and probably as hard to walk down! Well that's what I am saying, although I must try it again last time I did ride some of it.

Forgot to say that I am suprisingly free that weekend, might see if I can persuade anyone to come do a road ride with me, problem is most of my friends only ride off-road.
  • GYP
    GYP Posts: 151
    I know it just near hope cross. I first came down there on my Trek fuel (80mm Travel) Talk about bike skills and naivety ie none and lots respectively... :lol:

Now i have something more suitable. :D