Why does MTB get the top spot!!

Eat My Dust
Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
edited July 2007 in Campaign
It's bad enough them holding us up on the road, BUT now we have to scroll down past them to get to the road section WTF!! :lol:

Comments

• fozzybear
    fozzybear Posts: 17,082
    It's bad enough them holding us up on the road, BUT now we have to scroll down past them to get to the road section WTF!! :lol:
    because we don't like seeing you lot dressed up in lycra so we are out front to avoid such horrific images :wink:
  • Joe Sacco
    Joe Sacco Posts: 4,907
    Oh no, I wear lycra on my MTB?
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746

There's a way round that.

Once you've logged in at the home page, click on "Road" (next to "Home"), then click on "Forum" on the row of links below.

Only the road forum is visible then.

Hope this helps.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • Mm, you can open up the other sections by clicking on the titles.
    Only one stays open at once though, bit annoying if you commute on a road bike. Or an MTB for that matter...
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    speshcp wrote:

There's a way round that.

Once you've logged in at the home page, click on "Road" (next to "Home"), then click on "Forum" on the row of links below.

Only the road forum is visible then.

Hope this helps.

So it does - thanks :)
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    yes but if you are in a thread you see this:
    Bikeradar Forum Index -> Soapbox
    if you click on the soapbox it takes you back to that subsection, if you click on Bikeradar Forum Index it shows everything thus making it annoying. What is needed if it is possible please is something like this:
    Bikeradar Forum Index -> Road -> Soapbox
    Bikeradar Forum Index -> MTB -> Soapbox
    Bikeradar Forum Index -> Commuting -> Soapbox
    etc etc thus you click road and it takes you back to the road section rather than the whole thing. (it can't be too difficult to program for someone who has put this stunning, and very very impressive site together!)
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    aye, just noticed that as well - bloody annoying!!
  • Joe Sacco wrote:
    Oh no, I wear lycra on my MTB?

I've found a wrong-un!!!
    Do I win five pounds?
    :lol:
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • Because, a) MTBing is better than roadieing, and b) MTB is earlier in the alphabet, duh!
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    Cos MTBers don't ride as far so will spend more time here.
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • Pandaboy
    Pandaboy Posts: 157
    Because, a) MTBing is better than roadieing, and b) MTB is earlier in the alphabet, duh!

Obviously whoever designed the tabs at the top of the screen didn't think so!
  • Eat My Dust
    MTB is earlier in the alphabet, duh!

You must be stupid. If it's based on alphabetical order, then surely the commute section would come first.
  • Joe Sacco
    MTB is earlier in the alphabet, duh!

You must be stupid. If it's based on alphabetical order, then surely the commute section would come first.

It is pretty clear that he is stupid. You've read his posts haven't you. :D
  • Eat My Dust
    I know, I know. It was just some early morning prodding!! :D
  • MTB is earlier in the alphabet, duh!

That's because although it's got a title of commuting, it's in the ROAD group. I agree it is confusing, but that's why it's like it is.
    It's like: "MTB/MTB", "ROAD/COMMUTING", "ROAD/ROAD". i.e. mm, then rc, then rr.
  • quote doesn't work! this forum's worse!
  • Eat My Dust
    what about beginners & family?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Jesus you lot are petty.

Grow up.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Joe Sacco
    Jesus you lot are petty.

Grow up.

Why, as long as know harm is being done? I think the forum change has brought out the worst in people...
  • whiskywheels
    whiskywheels Posts: 628

Yes! My thoughts exactly.
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    I think the forum change has brought out the worst in people...[/quote]

of course it has. there are thousands of people who are going to abuse each other; roadies and mtber's. this whole forum joiny thing is crap anyway.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • Saddle bum
    Saddle bum Posts: 2,044
    Aristo roadmen stand no chance when the place is run by MTB lefties. :!:

Molon Labe.
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    Cos MTBers don't ride as far so will spend more time here.

That's silly, we may not ride as far but it takes the same amount of time. The simple answer is that the combined mtb forums have more users in total, but this means that we are less likely to scroll down and come in your forum.
  • Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the 'roadies' are leaving the forum in droves.

Well Done Future. Bet you never saw that coming :roll:
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the 'roadies' are leaving the forum in droves.

Well Done Future. Bet you never saw that coming :roll:

Hm! A few have gone to look at other places - They may return when this place settles down (and it will) :) .
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160

So there is a plus side then! :D

Seriously, stop the griping. MTB has more users than the other sections. This is probably because MTB covers many disciplines. Roadies and the other "people" are fewer because the lorries keep getting them.

I've seen more whining from the supposedly mature forums than from the "immature" MBUK users. If you don't like it then leave, and stop spamming up the boards with complaints. Like this one.

Love UH DH xxx
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • Steve Austin
    Steve Austin Posts: 1,803
    back to your sandpit MBUKiddie

Its about advertising if you ask me. C+ readers in the main ride on the road. What does an average Roadbike cost? Mine is worth 4k, so the Advertisers of said kit will want to reach me...
    They won't if i don't use the Forum

I left another Forum due to Trolls, and have never been back. C+ Users will not come back and then what?

A massive MTB Forum is all that will be left?
    Which is what it appears to be now anyway.
  • Red Lemon
    Red Lemon Posts: 3,433
    back to your sandpit MBUKiddie
    What does an average Roadbike cost? Mine is worth 4k, so the Advertisers of said kit will want to reach me...
    Obviously I don't know the Roadie market that well, but suggesting that because *your* bike is worth 4k, the average road bike is worth 4k seems a little unlikely. I have a 2007 Giant price list right here. Only two road bikes hit the 4k mark (including the £3999 bike) and the most expensive bike is an MTB.

I'm not talking about you, Steve, but I cannot believe the attitudes being displayed by some of the supposedly mature C+ forum members. It's laughable, considering we're (MBUK) supposed to be the childish forum.
  • Buggi
    Buggi Posts: 674
    spasypaddy wrote:
    yes but if you are in a thread you see this:
    Bikeradar Forum Index -> Soapbox
    if you click on the soapbox it takes you back to that subsection, if you click on Bikeradar Forum Index it shows everything thus making it annoying. What is needed if it is possible please is something like this:
    Bikeradar Forum Index -> Road -> Soapbox
    Bikeradar Forum Index -> MTB -> Soapbox
    Bikeradar Forum Index -> Commuting -> Soapbox
    etc etc thus you click road and it takes you back to the road section rather than the whole thing. (it can't be too difficult to program for someone who has put this stunning, and very very impressive site together!)

Admin please take note: this is a very good suggestion!!!! :idea:

also... why have MTB got a women's section and Road hasn't :?:

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia
  • Buggi

That's a good idea and in fact a request to add breadcrumb nav that works like that has already been made to the developers.
    John Stevenson