Commuting through Piccadilly this morning?

rgisme
rgisme Posts: 1,598
edited June 2007 in Commuting chat
I'm not, as it happens, although usually I would be. Seems like it might have been a slightly interesting challenge to have completed my commute within the normal time range. Anyone passed that way this morning?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6252276.stm

The joys of commuting by bike!

Comments

• Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I was rather bemused by this mornings news, which seemed to be far more concerned about a few roads being shut, rather than the fact that some terrorist fu*kwit had left a car bomb in central London!!

SNAPS
  • dubnobass
    dubnobass Posts: 337
    Not <i>very</i> near. I usually go down Shaftesbury Avenue and left down Charing Cross Road. A police van had blocked off the entrance to Shaftesbury Avenue heading towards Piccadilly at Cambridge Circus, so a huge amount of traffic had backed up on Shaftesbury Avenue and everything at the junction was being diverted down Charing Cross Road instead.
    Trafalgar Square was fairly chock-a-block too.

I did wonder if it was a bomb scare - but then I tend to wonder that everytime I hear woo-woos, these days.

<font size="1">Only so many songs can be sung with two lips two lungs and one tongue[/i]</font id="size1">
    Only so many songs can be sung with two lips two lungs and one tongue
  • rgisme
    rgisme Posts: 1,598
    Yes, it would have been more than a little disruption if it had gone off!
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Can't help thinking it might be something to do with a new PM. You know, some idiot trying to send him a message or something...probably it was timed to go off in rush hour when that area is packed with people. Nice.

Several of the roads that I use were closed off but I wasn't on the bike toady as am feeling knackered...I would have ended up going well out of my way to avoid it methinks. Apparently the surrounding areas were gridlocked and I'm not great at traffic jamming...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... 400572.jpg
  • T800
    T800 Posts: 672
    Nothing new there, then. Think about how traffic incidents about cycle commuters being knocked down and killed get reported.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eat My Dust</i>

I was rather bemused by this mornings news, which seemed to be far more concerned about a few roads being shut, rather than the fact that some terrorist fu*kwit had left a car bomb in central London!!

SNAPS

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font face="Times New Roman"><font size="1"> Just a pic of my bike.</font id="size1"></font id="Times New Roman">
    <hr noshade size="1">
    <font face="Times New Roman"><font size="2"><font color="teal">So, after a lot of thought, I'd like to reconsider. Please, if it's not too late, make it a cheeseburger.</font id="teal"></font id="size2"></font id="Times New Roman">
    So, after a lot of thought, I'd like to reconsider. Please, if it's not too late, make it a cheeseburger.

Just a pic of my bike.