looking for Lake District day rides

canamdad
canamdad Posts: 165
edited June 2007 in Tour & expedition
We've got a cottage in Grasmere for a week in July and I'd like to get some rides in. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by canamdad</i>

We've got a cottage in Grasmere for a week in July and I'd like to get some rides in. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Depends on what you want -cause "if your looking for trouble, you've came to the right place"

Lots of flatter runs around Coniston etc...but the Lakes are famed for there brutal passes...nearly all directions lead to pain...head to Greater Langdale...over Red Bank 25%...over Wallend to Langdale 25%...Wrynose/Hardknott..don't have to say anything about these 2...Ambleside..Kirkstone Pass..25%....the place is littered with insanity....

Theres more normal hills/terrain heading out to Coniston..Hawkshead Hill etc...and around Coniston Lake is supposedly lovely..check out my mates website..hes knows everything about the Lakes terrain.

http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm